X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Donation Module

I'd like to see a paypal donation module that allows the site to show how many monthly donations have been received out of a set goal. Another words, a goal of 300.00 could be set, and then donations for the month would display showing how much of that goal has been reached in percentage.

Here's an example on an Xenforo site, check out the right column: https://www.puritanboard.com/

Thanks,
    William

I'll take a look if it's possible. This may require calling Paypal API to get the current donation total. I'm not sure if such an API exists. Otherwise, you'd have to manually update the total to get the percentage.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      I'll take a look if it's possible. This may require calling Paypal API to get the current donation total. I'm not sure if such an API exists. Otherwise, you'd have to manually update the total to get the percentage.
      I'd be more than willing to add the donation amounts manually. This is really needed for my site because listing the donation amounts demonstrates full disclosure. I find that many members think others are donating and costs are covered, they are surprised to find out that many are not donating.

Enjoy,
      William

Comment

That's more doable then.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I just noticed your PayPal donation module on this site, Glenn. Are you planning to release an easily edited version where donating members can be displayed as well as a goal and percentage to goal bar/indicator?

Just curious if this is something you'll tackle? Count me in on its purchase if you wish to release this?

Enjoy,
          William

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll add it to my list but no timeline for it yet at this time.

Just like to say this is my most immediate desirable mod by request.

Enjoy,
          William

Comment

I haven't figured out yet how to get the donation target amount and the running total from Paypal. I don't want to update those dynamic values manually.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I really could use this mod. The Even Calendar is something I am currently using. To my members I am trying to be transparent but the amount of input and tracking is quite time consuming. I'd love to have a paypal donate option that auto inputs monthly donations to goal amount.

Comment

You can add some hidden fields in the Donate form to redirect users back to your site after successfully donating in Paypal.

HTML Code:
                <input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2" />
                <input type="hidden" name="return" value="https://yoursite.com/paypal.php" />
                In your paypal.php code, Paypal is going to pass all the payment variables. From there, you could add some code to track all the donations.

Here's a simple PHP code to display what payment variables Paypal is passing:
                PHP Code:
                <?php

foreach ($_POST as $key => $value) {
                   echo 
                "$key = $value <br />";
                }

?>
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"