Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating Main Menu/Social Bar

Glenn,

I have a social media bar which floats and has some added functionality. Unfortunately, the developer seemingly abandoned the project. They are unreachable and inactive in Vb.org. With VB 5.2.3 the private messaging/chat system will not be functional with my current Vb menu / social media bar. I would love to see a similar product from you. If you choose to develop it, count me in for a purchase.

Attached is a screen shot with drop down notifications. This makes more sense than having to click to another page to view notifications:

Click image for larger version

Name:	floating main menu.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	204

I looked at 5.2.3 and I noticed that the new chat feature has an AJAX functionality that could fetch information which could be used to replicate the notifications in your screenshot.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hi Glenn,

I was unable to access this site until today after clearing my browsers cache. I take it vbmods.rocks has moved to its new server? Congrats if so!

Just being able to add the channel tabbar menu to the main navbar would be an awesome mod. If the main navbar has everything: ajax messages and notifications, then the only thing it is missing is a "fixed position" and menu system. Putting the menu system of the channel tabbar in the main navbar and then hiding the old default location channel tabbar makes a lot of sense because the site's navigation system would be on every page always at the top and easily accessible (not having to scroll to find it).

Count me in if you decide to tackle this. My social/media bar is now considered obsolete and preventing some functions like vb messenger from functioning, so I'm looking for a replacement or a developer to work on it soon.

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	313

Comment

I haven't moved it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Yeah it would be nice to move the channel main nav to the top bar. But what would happen to the Sitebuilder nav items if the logged in user is the site Administrator? There's no space to put the channel navs if there are Sitebuilder navs present. Perhaps make a "Sitebuilder" nav and when clicked, it would display the Sitebuilder nav items in a dropdown menu?
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          I haven't moved it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Yeah it would be nice to move the channel main nav to the top bar. But what would happen to the Sitebuilder nav items if the logged in user is the site Administrator? There's no space to put the channel navs if there are Sitebuilder navs present. Perhaps make a "Sitebuilder" nav and when clicked, it would display the Sitebuilder nav items in a dropdown menu?
          That's the way my current social/media bar works:

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	316

Comment

William thank you for the link to this site.

Can we proposed Vbulletin addons for 5 or it's just dedicated to what you offer Glennrocksvb?

- Add a sidebar (http://fsp-squad.fr/)
            - Add icons in the navbar
            - Add a tool to switch the template from a html box (so that users can change the background of the forum, for example)
            - And other ideas I have in mind. ^^

For the navbar Vbsocial 10, is based on Meganavbar (http://meganavbar.com/) and bootstrap.

Unfortunately I can not buy the product (the site is completely buggy and I can not add the module to my cart.) Otherwise I would have tried to adapt the work of social vb5 developer 10 on the latest versions of Meganavbar .

I'm going to see what I can do with the light version.

I think I will quite often on your site Glennrocksvb

Comment

This channel is primarily for proposing me ideas for vBulletin add-ons that you think would be helpful and that I may be able to create or consider creating in the future..
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Too bad, I find vbulletin.org messy and I have enjoyed participating in adding mods to Vbulletin, I thought that this site was an alternative to Vbulletin.org.

Sorry and I will follow your future features with great interest.

Thank you for the reply and soon

Comment

I might consider that in the future. For now, the site is just starting and I want to have control of what mods and services are offered here.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I totally understand your approach and then there is a security risk, it is already a good point to know we can trust you. ^^

If you ever want to test modules on a medium influences website (~ 200 members around 18h (except summer), please contact me by PM.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"