X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual User Profanity Filter

I know as admins we can censor certain words. Is it possible to create an option that allows members to use a profanity filter?

Like a member can decide wether or not to see signatures. It would be nice if they could also decide to use a profanity filter or not.

I don't know how to implement it yet but this will definitely require editing existing PHP file(s) which means the changes would be overwritten whenever you upgrade so you'd have to re-apply the changes every time. But as for the possibility, it seems possible to do but it would be a "hacky" solution.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Im trying to acquire the Official Chargers forum members. They are very G rated. We are sort of R rated. I dont want to have my forum standard with the profanity filter on. Id like for users to be able to tick that box in settings if they want to censor words.

What would the cost of doing this be Glenn? I sent you a PM is you want to take the convo there.

Comment

I'll figure out how to implement it and then I'll let you know.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I checked the code and unfortunately, it looks like with the existing code it's not possible because the censored words are cached globally for all users. It's an all or nothing option. You cannot cache it individually per user settings. But even if you could, it would cause a big performance hit.

You may want to open a feature request to vBulletin tracker system to overhaul their code add this functionality.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            I checked the code and unfortunately, it looks like with the existing code it's not possible because the censored words are cached globally for all users. It's an all or nothing option. You cannot cache it individually per user settings. But even if you could, it would cause a big performance hit.

You may want to open a feature request to vBulletin tracker system to overhaul their code add this functionality.
            Thanks bud. I could always just censor the top 3 or 4 most offensive words. Most know what those are. lol

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"