X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser tab glowing dot

How difficult is it to create a glowing dot on the browser tab of notification of a new message?
    If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

I've been thinking of making a mod similar to that -to make a blinking text in the browser tab when there's a notification.

Comment

A flashing red text that says "Notification" would work for me.

And a "Messages" Text

Comment

On Facebook, it shows the number of notifications along with whatever current tab text. For example, this shows on the tab if you are on Facebook homepage and you have 2 notifications.

(2) Facebook

I think that's the ideal implementation.

Comment

I like what I see, Glenn.
        If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

This is just a prototype and needs polishing. And I installed it here for testing. Please let me know if you find any issues or if you have any feedback.

Comment

Glenn,

What are the triggers for the notification?

Does one need to be subscribed to the forum with activity, or is it regardless and shows notification on any post, or reply?

Comment

Whenever you receive notifications for any post, likes, follows, etc. The default notification works in real-time when vB Messenger is enabled. In that case, the notification badge in the browser tab should be updated in real-time too. But I have vB Messenger disabled here. I need to update the mod to make it work in real-time even if vB Messenger is disabled.

Comment

Ok, that explains why I do not see it until a browser refresh.

Comment

Working...
                X