Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway to require an avatar upon registering \ first login?.... drives me insane how many leave it the default....

I know what you mean
    Not by default. I do most of my users avatars as A. they are lazy and B. I make cool one. But then, I have a very small community of close friends.
    This would be a nice feature to have.

Comment

I'll see if that's possible.

But I don't like the idea of "forcing" users to upload avatar. Instead it would probably be better to make it easier for users to have/upload avatars with the following ways:
      1. Provide custom avatars for users to pick from. (I'm doing this right now for a customer)
      2. Add an always available button to allow users to upload avatar. This is probably better added in the Sticky Plus button I'm doing.
      3. Use Gravatar to set default avatar.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I vote for method 2 type option. Don't FORCE them, but throw a button out there until such time as they do have an avatar.

Comment

Interesting suggestion. I was thinking of doing a similiar thing for my own website, but instead I just ended up replacing the default avatar with one that looks cool. (Our temporary logo). That's always an option too.

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            I'll see if that's possible.

But I don't like the idea of "forcing" users to upload avatar. Instead it would probably be better to make it easier for users to have/upload avatars with the following ways:
            1. Provide custom avatars for users to pick from. (I'm doing this right now for a customer)
            2. Add an always available button to allow users to upload avatar. This is probably better added in the Sticky Plus button I'm doing.
            3. Use Gravatar to set default avatar.

ok force is not exactly what I mean... but to me it would be nice to make it required upon sign up, even a group of generic that could be selected??... just like setting a password. call it a "required" field of sorts. not much different in my mind. my issue is this... my users are not super techie and struggle with it. not that they are lazy. But I like the idea of option 2 as well.
            Last edited by gcombe74; 09-21-2016, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
              ok force is not exactly what I mean... but to me it would be nice to make it required upon sign up
              That's just adds another friction on registration. You should try to make registration frictionless and simple as much as possible to gain more user signups. Adding another required field that's really not a required information during registration will not help.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I have added a test mod here on this site wherein if you are viewing your own profile and you haven't uploaded an avatar yet, the Edit Avatar dialog will appear automatically. This will occur every time you visit your own profile until you uploaded an avatar.

I would love to get feedback on this if this is good.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• gcombe74
                  gcombe74 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is nice way of doing it Glenn. I like how it prompts you to do it every time.

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the feedback. I will make it an official mod.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                I would love to get feedback on this if this is good.

Very interesting
                A cordial greeting

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"