X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flagged Post Discussion Nodes

In previous versions of vBulletin the flagging or reporting of a post would generate a discussion thread in a selected forum in order for moderators to discuss the report and determine the best course of action. No such functionality exists in vBulletin 5.x as of version 5.4.1. I'm inquiring as to the feasibility of creating such functionality. There is an existing JIRA for this function but it is five years old and in backlog.

I will look into it. What happens if multiple users flagged the same post? Will it generate just one thread or multiple threads?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Fleiding
      Fleiding commented
      Editing a comment
      In vB4 it posted an extra post in the existing thread saying that member X also flagged the same post.

• inomnibus
      inomnibus commented
      Editing a comment
      It would seem logical any reported node should have a singular discussion. Any additional reporting of the same node would ideally appear as a reply or a comment, and in a perfect world the reporter would automatically receive a notification that the node has already been reported.

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the additional info.

I have noticed this also, there is settings to control it and start a discussion thread but it doesn't seem to work

Comment

Those are one of the old settings from vB4 that got carried over to vB5. They are removing those old settings gradually at every release.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by inomnibus View Post
        In previous versions of vBulletin the flagging or reporting of a post would generate a discussion thread in a selected forum in order for moderators to discuss the report and determine the best course of action. No such functionality exists in vBulletin 5.x as of version 5.4.1. I'm inquiring as to the feasibility of creating such functionality. There is an existing JIRA for this function but it is five years old and in backlog.
        This would indeed be very helpful. We are struggling now when it comes to discussing moderation activities. In general moderators communicate a lot less frequently amongst eachother now. I can't really understand how VB stripped this option. A secondary effect is that there is no searchable history available for members that have flagged frequently or are beging flagged on a frequent basis.

To be able to formally discuss a flag report, we now copy the flag report and past it into the mod discussion forum.However, it's 2018 already and such detours shouldn't be necessary (in my humble opinion). So yes, a solution for this would be highly appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"