Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I use to remotely access my PC?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I use to remotely access my PC?

It used to be that if you needed to access your computer remotely, you needed to use Windows Remote Desktop Protocol combined with port forwarding enabled in your router. The process was not exactly user friendly. After testing several remote controlling options, we think TeamViewer hits the spot in terms of features, security, and price (which is free).
    I use TeamViewer to remotely connect to my laptops from another computer or even from my smartphone. And also sometimes when I need to remotely connect to my clients' computer if the client doesn't want to give out their password.

Do you also use TeamViewer?
    It used to be that if you needed to access your computer remotely, you needed to use Windows Remote Desktop Protocol combined with port forwarding enabled in your router. The process was not exactly user friendly. After testing several remote controlling options, we think TeamViewer hits the spot in terms of features, security, and price (which is free).How can I get around playing with router settings?The problem with using remote desktop to access a machine from outside your network is that it requires specific ports to be forwarded so your computer can be reached. This opens your computer up to potential attacks. With Team Viewer, there is no port forwarding or special configurations required. The connection is performed via TeamViewer's servers. Team Viewer also offers two factor authentication making it much more secure than RDP. You can see the full feature set here.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"