X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Search will start ranking faster mobile pages higher in July

Google today announced a new project to improve its mobile search results: factoring page speed into its search ranking. As the company notes, page speed β€œhas been used in ranking for some time” but that was largely for desktop searches. Starting in July 2018, page speed will be a ranking factor for mobile searches on Google as well.
    Google today announced a new project to improve its mobile search results: factoring page speed into its search ranking. As the company notes, page speed β€œhas been used in ranking for some time” but that was largely for desktop searches. Starting in July 2018, page speed will be a ranking factor for mobile searches on Google as well.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

If only all my competition had slow mobile apps! I wonder how much of a factor page speed will be, as I found SSL only minor and did not affect my search rankings when stacked up against competition not using SSL.

Comment

From the FAQ linked linked below:

Speed is just one of many signals that are used to rank pages. Keep in mind that intent of the search query is still a very strong signal, so a slow page may still rank highly if it has great, relevant content.
      A page with AMP but a slow canonical URL will not be impacted by this update, assuming the AMP URL is not slow, Google told us.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        From the FAQ linked linked below:
        Any idea about which speed or tolerance of speed Google ranks before penalty? In other words, 1-3 seconds A ranking, 3-6 seconds B ranking. Do you think Google page speed test is a clear indicator?

Google page speed says my avg time is 3.72 seconds on the homepage. I do not see how to test mobile page speed?

Comment

No idea about tolerance of speed.

In the PageSpeed tool, there's Mobile and Desktop tabs. Does it not say the speed in the Mobile tab or does it say Unavailable?
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            No idea about tolerance of speed.

In the PageSpeed tool, there's Mobile and Desktop tabs. Does it not say the speed in the Mobile tab or does it say Unavailable?
            Says unavailable.

Comment

Mine is unavailable too. Here's the reason why:
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"