X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unusual situation...

I stumbled across your site researching vB5 issues.

I'm a member of a public forum attached to a large organisation. The forums Admin and Moderators have no contact with the owners, and there is no support from above. Someone with the hosting company decided to "upgrade" the software from a stable vB4 to vB5.1.1... and now the site is unusable.

I'm interested in getting expert help to do some minor tweaks to what is supposed to be an update to 5.2.2. Admin has access to everything within the forums, they just have no contact or support from above. I'd be paying for the work myself, and you look like the person who can do it...? (I hope).

It appears you're about to go offline/be busy... please contact me when you have the time. Thanks.

Could you please elaborate what you exactly meant by "unusable"? Does it mean the site is not running at all due to critical errors or it is running but there are some issues here and there? If you have third-party plugins in vB4, they will not work in vB5. If the site is not running at all in the current state, upgrading it to a higher version will not fix it. You have to fix the issues first before upgrading.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      Could you please elaborate what you exactly meant by "unusable"? Does it mean the site is not running at all due to critical errors or it is running but there are some issues here and there?...
      Well, for instance... when someone tries to post they get a popup box, "Error while saving content: server abort". When you refresh the page, your post appears.

Post edits don't take.

New topics aren't sorted to the top of the forum list.

It's a bit of a mess right now.

If they do as they said the would and install 5.2.2 -- again, we have no control over that -- might you be interested in assessing fixing some issues? I can better explain/discuss this through PMs.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Let's discuss in PM.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"