X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML editors

Curious what everyone is using for an html editor?

Currently I use dreamweaver, but that is causing me a lot of extra configuration work with vB.

I'm using Textastic for Mac.

Comment

I use Sublime Text and Visual Studio Code. But those are just code editors that don't have WYSIWYG features that Dreamweaver has. You have to know how to write HTML by hand.

The problem with WYSIWYG HTML editors are they add lot of bloated code.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• NumNum
        NumNum commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly!

If you really want to use WYSIWYG HTML editors, you can try this online editor I found. I'm not sure if this is the best HTML editor. I just found it by googling.
      The best real-time online HTML editor software kit with dynamic instant live visual preview and inline WYSIWYG editor using CKEditor and markup clean-up feature
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I found this site https://opensource.com/alternatives/dreamweaver that has a few open source editors. While those of you that are well experienced with manual coding, and do not use/care for/ or want wysiwyg, us mere mortals kinda need it. I like the idea to be able to review my work easily as well.

I ask though, from those experienced with html editing if any on the list you are familiar with, prefer, or recommend especially when dealing with vB. I was using dreamweaver with my vB installation and was having some miserable experiences, all related to the bloated coding Dreamweaver was adding in to the pages.

I have downloaded and have been playing around with BlueGriffon, It seems to be pretty basic and doesnt infuse bloated coding. I also see that it has been updated more recently compared to Bluefish.

Comment

The only editor in the list that I've used and still using at work is Atom. Just like Sublime Text and VS Code, it is not a wysiwyg editor.

BlueGriffon seems to be good.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"