X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows update

Ok windows update done today and to cut a long story short it messed up every one of my test sites on my laptop and i cannot access one of them i am getting HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. on every one
    so i had to create a new test site and got that running not saying it is ok it is far from it.
    When trying to upload an image using a hyper link i get the following error;

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	244
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	7897

When i try and upload it to server i get the file you are trying to upload is corrupted
    looks like i will need to reformat the hd and start from scratch again.
    Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Also tried drag and drop on test site and nothing happens same thing is happening on this site.
    Works fine on my live sites

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot to re-apply the required PHP and JS changes here after the upgrade. Will do so when I get a chance.

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Done.

Finally sorted microsoft update changed something in the way iis works so just dropped iis completely and installed xammp server created a couple of virtual hosts for test site and phpmyadmin.
    Also this fixed the image upload and drag and drop no more corrupt files

Comment

Were you able to identify what IIS changed? I have an intranet site that runs off IIS.

Comment

Originally posted by willie53 View Post
        Ok windows update done today and to cut a long story short it messed up every one of my test sites on my laptop and i cannot access one of them i am getting HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. on every one
        so i had to create a new test site and got that running not saying it is ok it is far from it.
        When trying to upload an image using a hyper link i get the following error;

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	9.1 KB ID:	7897

When i try and upload it to server i get the file you are trying to upload is corrupted
        looks like i will need to reformat the hd and start from scratch again.
        Boy, this looks very familiar. glennrocksvb didn't you work with me on this issue with my intranet site?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          How did we fix it? I don't remember how we fixed it.

• NumNum
          NumNum commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, I can't either. I'll eventually remember and post it here. I'm thinking it was a php.config setting.

what version of windows are you using i am using windows 10 pro window server should be fine

Comment

Windows Server 2012 R2

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
            Windows Server 2012 R2
            this should be fine a i have a friend that is being hosted on a windows server host and his seems to have survived the upgrade

Comment

Ive been running 5.3.4 for a bit over a week now and have no issues either. I initially misunderstood your post as I was thinking "Man, I had a similar problem and it didn't register to offer my solution", I felt bad. Now i know yours was a completely different environment.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"