X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you originally from?

I'm originally from the Philippines. Moved here to the US to work 11 years ago. I've lived in New Jersey, Virginia and now based in California.

How about you?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

I was born in Michigan. My father was Air Force and we spent the bulk of my childhood moving every three years to places like Michigan, North Dakota, California, Massachusettes, Maryland. When he retired my parents chose New York as home. I have been in this state since. Once I finish up the career I'm in I'll have 33 years in the retirement system, then my wife and I will probably move again.

I've had the priveledge of meeting so many different people, from different countries.

Comment

Born in Belfast
      Moved to Scotland 34 years ago
      Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Comment

I was born in Madison Wisconsin. Am #3 of 8, moved out to California when I was 3, have no clue that I lived in Wisconsin on a farm. Been here in San Diego ever since.

Comment

Was born and raised in Delaware until 18 when I left for the service. After Texas and South Carolina I moved to Washington for a decade or so. Came down to California some 6 years ago and once again I'm ready to leave. Hopefully in a year I'll be relocating to a little gem of a conservative town in Idaho.

William

Comment

Born and raised Southern Indiana near Louisville Kentucky. And I do mean southern. We tends to sound like were from the South in this part of Indiana (to the consternation of our snobbish cousins Indianapolis and above). Spent a little time in the Military (did more than 3 years in the Philippines).

Comment

Born and raised in the deep south of Minnesota where I still live for the beautiful winters. My dad was a house flipper so we moved very short distances every year or so, and I ended up in the house he and I built toegether when I was in Junior High. I travel full time for work so 5 days a week I live in Sacramento.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
                Spent a little time in the Military (did more than 3 years in the Philippines).
                What years were you there? Did you learn some Tagalog words?
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Fascinating to know people came from different parts of the world and met online here on this site. Hoping to meet some of you in person in the future if given a chance
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                    Fascinating to know people came from different parts of the world and met online here on this site. Hoping to meet some of you in person in the future if given a chance
                    Agreed! Work will bring me to Anaheim in 2022, lunch?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure! If I will still be in CA at that time.

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                    What years were you there? Did you learn some Tagalog words?
                    oo,
                    Zeus na lang (the gal who worked at our snack bar outside our barracks always said this).
                    tubig
                    That's all I can remember!

It was a long time ago.. 1986-1989. I met my wife there (she was in the Air Force too).
                    We were stationed at Clark Air Base (Angeles City) went to Manila, Subic Bay, Camp John Hay/Baguio city.
                    The trip from Clark to Subic Bay was always amazing - had to watch out for the water buffalo pulling those carts (and a little scary ... that was around the time the NPA was very active and had killed a few Americans).

We got married by a Filipino judge but we talked him into coming on the base and made a picnic out of it.

I worked near the "elephant cage"

Click image for larger version  Name:	elephant cage.jpg Views:	1 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	7716

memories...

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                    X
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"