First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloudflare

Anyone using Cloudflare?

I see they just released Argo: https://blog.cloudflare.com/argo/

The price is 5.00$ a month and ten cents for every gigabyte.

Enjoy,
    William

They should offer free trial for 30 days or something before charging to get more customers. Once customers see the actual benefits, I'm sure they will stick with it.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I just enabled CloudFlare Argo for this site to test it. Let me know if you see a noticeable faster loading time.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Your site was fast already. I too use Argo and have been for a couple of months now. I take it that others located far from the server would experience a greater increase in performance.

Comment

Yeah I'm curious to hear feedback from our members outside North America.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

William, based on your analytics, did you see a big improvement on response time after enabling Argo?
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Can't say that I personally have noticed a difference with it. I do not know the exact date I began subscribing to the service, but I subscribed to it the first day I received notification of its availability. I would need to search back a few months.

Using Webpage Speed Test: https://www.webpagetest.org/result/1...b839906b57cdd/

Shows the site with a C grade for first byte time. That has fluctuated with or without Argo. Sometimes it is an A othertimes lower. I do not see how I could get an accurate performance assessment when the time fluctuates with or without performance related services.

Just for FYI, I use Cloudflare Pro and my average bill is now 26 dollars a month with Argo.

Comment

In CloudFlare Analytics, there are "Average Response Time with Argo" and "Average Response Time without Argo" data which are 190ms and 287ms in the last 48 hours for this site, respectively, a 33.8% improvement.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                  In CloudFlare Analytics, there are "Average Response Time with Argo" and "Average Response Time without Argo" data which are 190ms and 287ms in the last 48 hours for this site, respectively, a 33.8% improvement.
                  I see that now:

Average Response Time with Argo
                  Last 48 hours
                  243ms

Average Response Time without Argo
                  Last 48 hours
                  385ms

Percent Improvement
                  Last 48 hours
                  36.88%

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice! Right now I'm at 52.83% improvement!

delicjous Fleiding Mark.B I'm curious if there's a noticeable speed improvement on this site outside the US? Thanks!
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Like William said before. Your forum was already fast. So it is difficult to specify if it is faster now. I just could say it is still fast!
                    My forum closed !

Comment

For me, I feel the site seems somewhat faster after I enabled Argo. Or I may be hallucinating
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

For me, I feel the site seems somewhat faster after I enabled Argo. Or I may be hallucinating
                        For six bucks a month, five for argo and 1 dollar for traffic I'm not worried about paying for it. Are you using Pro Clouldflare too? I noticed the greatest increase in performance with it because of being able to user "rocket loader" on the home page. On avg performance increases were seen of 2-3 second faster page loads. I do not use rocket loader on any page though that has the ckeditor as it wrecks havoc with various functions despite my long list of page rules.

Comment

I'm not using Pro. I'm just on a free plan. I'll check Rocket Loader. I've seen it but never played with it yet.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

delicjous Fleiding Mark.B I'm curious if there's a noticeable speed improvement on this site outside the US? Thanks!
                            It was already fast, but it seems to be a little more faster now.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"