X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutting Down Christforums

Well, after two and a half years, I've decided to pull the plug on my site. Come mid-May the online services will expire and Christforums will be no more. I'd just like to thank those that helped get the site operating at its desired performance level.

Unfortunately, to get there required more than I am willing to spend each month. Since I will no longer be running an online site, it doesn't make sense that I would continue my daily interaction with Vbulletin support sites. So if you notice my absence, this is why.

Wish you all the best,
    William

Seems like someone would be willing to take over such a site.

Comment

Sorry to hear about shutting your site down. You can sell your license and at least get back something.

You will be missed here and in the vB forums. Thanks for supporting my site.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
        Seems like someone would be willing to take over such a site.
        Yes, not an issue. I have had a few offers which exceeded 1000.00 dollars. But none of the owners really cared about the focus of the site, they're more interested in making the site a money whore.

I'd rather pull the plug and keep it on a backup disk than watch it be made into something I am against.

Enjoy,
        William

Comment

William you might want to consider downgrading from Dedicated to a VPS plan. A 4GB RAM with 4 vCPUs VPS plan from your same host might be enough for your site for now.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'll try a VPS from A2 for 30 days. Especially considering Siteground's server was having issues. The site ran fine on Siteground Cloud with 2 cpu cores and 4 gigs of ram for over a year. Then all of a sudden it began requiring more and more resources. I'm anxious to try A2's VPS and see if this was an issue only with Siteground.

Enjoy,
            William

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
              I'll try a VPS from A2 for 30 days. Especially considering Siteground's server was having issues. The site ran fine on Siteground Cloud with 2 cpu cores and 4 gigs of ram for over a year. Then all of a sudden it began requiring more and more resources. I'm anxious to try A2's VPS and see if this was an issue only with Siteground.

Enjoy,
              William
              I wish you wouldn't shut it down. You could really make use out of my host NuWebHosting who can provide 8 gigs of RAM and 4 CPU cores/DDoS protection for $28/mo

It's a steal and you should really take advantage of this instead of shut the site down. But if you do I understand and I fully wish you the best. I hope to see you on CodeShrek and I'll check back with Christ Forums just in case you change your mind.

Comment

Made the switch to a VPS server from A2 hosting. 6 Gigs of ram and it is currently showing 3.4 gigs of usage. So far so good.

Enjoy,
                William

Comment

Good to hear that you're not shutting down yet and you moved to a VPS plan.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"