First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troll Alert

So, lemme break in the general Chit Chat forum

Thank you Glenn,

You may actually give other Admin forums a run for the money if this doesn't get out of control.

Anyways here is my story,

Had a person on the site that began a ruckus. Anyways to make a long story short I banned them. Only minutes later I saw they created another account. I was watching Google Analytics at that time. Checked the IP numbers and they were a match through Vbulletin. Luckily they were not IP v 6. They posted a few times and caused further ruckus. I banned them again, only for them to join within minutes later.

At this time I discovered Vbulletin's Global Ignore feature. I informed the mods that no one other than poster themselves could see the post. Unfortunately, the DragonByte latest posts mod I have displays it. Anyways, the person posted for nearly two weeks then disappeared.

I wonder what they posted to this day, but I kinda think it funny (and so did the mods) that they got frustrated more than likely because nobody ever responded to them. The irony, because they never directly addressed any response to them.

In my niche we often have people that come in and want to teach. Most of these people seldom address a point directed to them and it becomes an issue. It is like me not talking directly to you, but I speak past you.

Point of the story, when you get a troll and can't get rid of them... instead of changing your registration process etc., remember there is a Global ignore feature.

Enjoy,
    William

Did they use a different IP range? If not, you could have blocked their IP range temporarily. I wonder if it was automated or not? An example of the message would have been good. If bots, Cloudflare might help with that, or something like Comodo WAF/BitNinja.
    HostXNow - UK Web Hosting

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"