X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB5 custom programming

I was just curious...... how would someone go about getting a completely custom plugin for VB made?

I'm not a programmer, nor do I have any illusions on becoming one...... but I do have a need that (for my company) VB could be an excellent solution IF ONLY IT DID X.
    I'd like to hire a programmer to do this, but at the same time to go thru all that time and money to create and maintain, I'd want to license the plugin to other companies as well. There's a group of similar companies which would leap at it, if I could get it made.

Is there a development kit or something like that for VB? Do they sell any kind of support for developers? In the past it was people just working on their own and posting them on vbulletin.org but you kinda had to assume at some point they'd just disappear (and they would). To have a real company selling plugins you could totally count on with a full time staff..... that's what I'd like to do.

I don't know what kind of developer to hire or how long it'd take someone to get familiar with VB. Any pointers or suggestions?

Much appreciated,

-DE

There are developer tools in the licensed download, in a file labeled "do_not_upload".

Comment

On homepage of this site, I have a "Useful Links" module where you can find links on how to create a vB5 mod, references to template syntax, stylevars and other useful links.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"