X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official - Paid Default Initials Avatar for vBCloud

Tired of seeing the generic default gray user avatars? Having a hard time encouraging or forcing users to change their default avatar? Worry no more! The Default Initials Avatar for vBCloud will solve these pain points by automatically changing user avatars using their username initials upon signup.

The default initials avatar will be automatically generated either when a new user signs up or when an existing user with stock vB5 default avatar logs in and visits any page on your forum. This works a little different than the self-hosted version due to the restriction of PHP Hooks in vBCloud.

Click image for larger version  Name:	default-initials-avatar.png Views:	1 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	24735

Compatibility:
    Compatible with vBCloud. For self-hosted version, you can get it here.

Version History:

v1.1
    • Update for existing users with stock vB5 default avatar to automatically generate initials avatar from anywhere on the page instead of just homepage.

v1.0
    • Initial version.

Language/Script Support:

As of this writing, the following Unicode scripts/languages are supported. This means that the mod can generate the initials with usernames using these scripts/languages/alphabets.
    • English
    • Arabic
    • Armenian
    • Bengali
    • Georgian
    • Hebrew
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Mongolian
    • Thai
    • Tibetan
    Demo:
    This mod is installed on this site. Notice newly signup users have their initials in their avatars (if they haven't changed it yet).

Screencast demo also available below. This video is actually for self-hosted version so please ignore the mod settings shown in the video but other than that, the vBCloud version pretty much works the same way.

Price:
    $35 (Branding-free)
    Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!
    glennrocksvb
    Founder/Coder
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 04-29-2022, 09:30 AM. Reason: Released v1.1
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin: A2 Hosting & IONOS

I thought it was not working, but it is. I missed this in your opening tutorial.

"The default initials avatar will be automatically generated either when a new user signs up or when an existing user with stock vB5 default avatar logs in and visits the forum homepage. This works a little different than the self-hosted version due to the restriction of PHP Hooks in vBCloud."

So some are showing and some are not. Since I have the users online set for a 2 hr log off time many still show the default. Was hoping it would be all the time but not allowed on cloud
    Oh well!!!,,, Nice mod and thanks for doing the cloud version

Comment

In self-hosted version, there is a provided tool that admins can choose to run to generate initials avatar for existing users that have stock default avatar. Unfortunately, that cannot be installed in vBCloud. So I just made it in vBCloud to generate initials avatar for existing users when they visit the homepage.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        So they have to visit the Homepage for it to kick in? I have many that skip the Homepage and go right to the Main forum

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb
        Founder/Coder
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I will update it so that it will kick in anywhere.

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be fantastic

Mitch Released v1.1 and updated the first post.

All customers should receive an email containing the download link. Please take time to read the updated readme file.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X