X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Default Initials Avatar for vBCloud

Tired of seeing the generic default gray user avatars? Having a hard time encouraging or forcing users to change their default avatar? Worry no more! The Default Initials Avatar for vBCloud solves these pain points by automatically changing user avatars using their username initials upon signup.

This plugin is very useful for forums that want to have a consistent and professional look for their users. It helps users to recognize each other easily and quickly. It also enhances the user experience and makes your forum more attractive and elegant.

The default initials avatar will be automatically generated either when a new user signs up or when an existing user with stock vB5 default avatar logs in and visits any page on your forum. This works a little different than the self-hosted version due to the restriction of PHP Hooks in vBCloud.

Click image for larger version  Name:	default-initials-avatar.png Views:	1 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	24735

Compatibility:
    Compatible with vBCloud and PHP 8+. For self-hosted version, you can get it here.

Version History:

v1.1
    • Update for existing users with stock vB5 default avatar to automatically generate initials avatar from anywhere on the page instead of just homepage.

v1.0
    • Initial version.

Language/Script Support:

As of this writing, the following Unicode scripts/languages are supported. This means that the mod can generate the initials with usernames using these scripts/languages/alphabets.
    • English
    • Arabic
    • Armenian
    • Bengali
    • Georgian
    • Hebrew
    • Chinese
    • Japanese
    • Mongolian
    • Thai
    • Tibetan
    Demo:
    This mod is installed on this site. Notice newly signup users have their initials in their avatars (if they haven't changed it yet).

Screencast demo also available below. This video is actually for self-hosted version so please ignore the mod settings shown in the video but other than that, the vBCloud version pretty much works the same way.

Price:
    $35 (Branding-free)
    Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 05-01-2023, 09:21 AM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

I thought it was not working, but it is. I missed this in your opening tutorial.

"The default initials avatar will be automatically generated either when a new user signs up or when an existing user with stock vB5 default avatar logs in and visits the forum homepage. This works a little different than the self-hosted version due to the restriction of PHP Hooks in vBCloud."

So some are showing and some are not. Since I have the users online set for a 2 hr log off time many still show the default. Was hoping it would be all the time but not allowed on cloud
    Oh well!!!,,, Nice mod and thanks for doing the cloud version

Comment

In self-hosted version, there is a provided tool that admins can choose to run to generate initials avatar for existing users that have stock default avatar. Unfortunately, that cannot be installed in vBCloud. So I just made it in vBCloud to generate initials avatar for existing users when they visit the homepage.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        So they have to visit the Homepage for it to kick in? I have many that skip the Homepage and go right to the Main forum

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I will update it so that it will kick in anywhere.

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be fantastic

Mitch Released v1.1 and updated the first post.

All customers should receive an email containing the download link. Please take time to read the updated readme file.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        1.1 seems to be working well

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. 😎

A few questions:
      • Is this working for vB6 Cloud hosted forums?
      • Does it kick in everywhere now?
      • How difficult is it to install?
      Thanks!

Comment

• Yes this mod works for vBCloud including the latest version vB6.
        • It kicks in when a new user signs up. For existing users, it kicks in when they visit any page after they log in.
        • It's easy to install. Step by step instructions are provided.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Learning
          Learning commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool. Just purchased. Can't wait to install it.

Originally posted by Learning View Post
        A few questions:
        • How difficult is it to install?
        I haven’t installed this one but having done other hooks that Glenn has provided I can say the instructions are excellent and so long as you read them carefully you won’t have any problems.

I’m no expert and found it all really easy 👍

Comment

There's a typo in the readme file. Projects & Hooks should be Product & Hooks
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Just installed it on vB6 Cloud. Awesome. Clear and precise instructions for a novice to follow. THANK YOU!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the nice feedback!

Glenn
            Since the 6.03 update which now includes an avatar initials option. I'm not turning that option on because your mod looks and feels so much better. With that being said if I go to the "members list" it shows the VB style initials. (not a huge deal tho) Your code may need a little tweaking. The other forum areas seem to be ok

Comment

Is there a setting to turn off the new avatar initials feature in vB 6.0.3?
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I thought they said that if you turn off the avatar initials, it would reset those avatars to the default gray avatar? Maybe you need to clear the system cache in AdminCP and/or your browser cache?
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

It was turned on by default. Turning it off seemed to fix it
                  Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"