Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products and Hooks Available for vB Cloud?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products and Hooks Available for vB Cloud?

I just noticed that it's in my AdminCP and we are still on the cloud, is this an error or did that begin with the new update?

I haven't uploaded anything yet but if I can I have some ideas.

Products & Hooks are not allowed on vBCloud. If you click it, does the page show a permission error?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

No permission error.

Comment

Maybe they are now allowing third-party products and hooks in vBCloud? Or they made a mistake in setting permissions?
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Most likely a mistake lol

I'll see what they say over there about it

Glenn see Wayne's response to this.. What does this mean for my existing mods that I already have installed and what would it mean for future things? Would we be able to install the GIF goodie or some other previously unavailable things? If so could you list them>>
        https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...84#post4407084

Comment

Wayne Luke said only text-only templates are allowed and no vBulletin Markup. This means {vb:xxxx} and <vb:xxxx> which are template syntax used for communicating to the server such as fetching data from the server are not allowed. So for VBCloud, modifications that contain only HTML, CSS and Javascript are allowed. It's still not allowed to upload XML or PHP source files to the server at this time.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks
            So in layman's language it does not mean much on my end. Just continue as I have correct?

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes but some of your JS/CSS/HTML mods could be improved to use the new template hooks for vBCloud. But it's not required. Those existing mods should still work.

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea i'll just leave things be for now. I'm not familiar with using this new method, but maybe as they improve things I'm sure I will learn. Glenn maybe on future mods for cloud if this can be used we can take that route
            I'm assuming that many of the google java script and ownership mods could take this new route. I would have no idea in how to do that at this point in time

Thanks

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            When I create future mods for vBCloud, I would consider making them via template hooks. Yes that's correct, those JS mods in the Google Verification options can be moved to this new system.

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            If you find time to remake new instructions on those certain mods i'm sure I can do it

I could send you a copy of what is in there

The ultimate goal is to allow more customization options on vBulletin Cloud. Eventually this would include access to vBulletin Markup in custom templates and allow them to be accessible via template hooks. However, the way the system was written has some security risks in a shared code base like vBulletin Cloud. We still have some work to do in order to get to the ultimate goal.

There may be a day where we allow you to activate pre-approved and verified third-party addons as well.

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Wayne for the additional information.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"