X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to Learn How to Create Your Own Mod For vBulletin 5 Connect? Here's How

Okay I am not who you should be thanking for this. But I have to provide the information to you because it is good information. And you could really learn something.

Go here and check out Joe D's tutorial on how to create a basic vb5 modification.

Then (a lot of people don't know this), go to the folder do_not_upload and click on the folder 'development'. There you will find all the vBulletin 5 hooks just waiting to be used. Along with this is a folder named "Test Package" that is meant to be an example vBulletin 5 modification.

From there if you already knew PHP it wouldn't be too difficult to create small mods. And if you got good you could even do bigger ones. We need to get developers back into VB so I hope this thread will help someone who is looking to learn like I am.

I don't know PHP yet but I'm trying to learn and this amazed me when I found out about it.

This sounds amazing, thanks for brining this up. Will look into this for sure!

Comment

I used that guide too when I was just starting to develop mods.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I just went through that tutorial today. Now after looking at the sample package, I'm trying to figure out where to go next. I'd like to end up with a widget when I'm done. Something that can pull userdatain to start with. Any thoughts on where to focus my efforts?

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"