X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
    Do you see the Prefix dropdown before the topic title textbox? Did you set the forum node IDs delimited by comma?
    Yes the drop down is there and yes the node IDs are separated by a comma
    and yes the branding is turned on in the footer .

Comment

I just realized even if i set the permissions in the prefix manager for a usergroup to not be able to use prefixes they still can.

update..this part i fixed.

Comment

I need a test admin account on your site in order to check what the issue is.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

glennrocksvb was able to get this working for me..Thanks Glenn

Comment

Thanks for pointing me here Glenn, for some reason, I've missed this thread !
            Would this plugin work that way :

Making a new prefix (not a prefix set, only a single prefix) with a permission to certain usergroup, so that the only choice of prefix they have is what I've given them permission ?
            Does moderator,admin, supermod can bypass the prefix obligation ?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              glennrocksvb commented
              Editing a comment
              Right now, there's no option in the mod to allow certain usergroups to bypass the required prefix.

As long as the Topic Prefix dropdown appears (based on how you configured the prefix permissions) on the page when you are creating a new topic, the mod will require the user to choose a prefix.

The mod configuration that you need to set is to indicate which forum node IDs you want the prefix to be required on. Then the rest is based on how you configured the topic prefix permissions.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Just bought this mod, and it seems to work great when using the site from a browser. Unfortunately it does not force the use of a prefix on the selected forums when using the mobile app (standard vBulletin Mobile Suite).

Any plans to make this work with the mobile app as well?

Comment

Hi glennrocksvb - I recently updated our vB to 5.6.9, which fixed a lot of issues, but broke one bit of functionality in this mod.

Previously, I was able to move a node (post) to a different channel which did not have Prefix settings, and then edit the topic to remove the Prefix. With v5.6.9, the Prefix box is no longer shown after the node move, so you can't remove the Prefix. The workaround for this is to remove the prefix prior to the node move.

No big deal, but I wanted to alert you to the change in vB and the workaround for anyone whose moderation workflow is like mine

Cheers!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look.

This is a vB bug in itself which occurs even without this Prefix mod. I tried it on a test environment without the installing this mod and I was able to reproduce the issue. After moving a post with prefix to another forum without the prefix, the Prefix dropdown is hidden when you edit the post. It should have automatically removed the Prefix when a post is moved since the destination forum has no prefix and should not require an extra step to edit the post after the move.

This issue should be reported in the tracker in order for them to fix it.
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by NautiqueJeff View Post
                  Just bought this mod, and it seems to work great when using the site from a browser. Unfortunately it does not force the use of a prefix on the selected forums when using the mobile app (standard vBulletin Mobile Suite).

Any plans to make this work with the mobile app as well?
                  The mobile app is separate than the website. They have separate source code. All the mods here are just for the website. I don't think the mobile app supports third-party mods.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"