X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid Mod Prefilled Editor

It is a nice feature to be able to prefill the title and body when creating a new post (forum, blog or article) and and in the case of Private Message, prefill the PM recipients, subject and body when composing a PM. This mod allows you to specify those information in the URL querystring.

The format of the URL is:

Creating a new post:
    Code:
    http://example.com/new-content/nodeid?subject=xxxxx&body=xxxxx
    where:

nodeid - the channel id where the new post will be posted to
    subject - the post title
    body - the post body

Composing a Private Message:
    Code:
    http://example.com/privatemessage/new/0?subject=xxxxx&body=xxxxx&to=xxxxx,yyyyy,zzzzz
    where:

subject - the PM subject
    body - the PM body
    to - comma-separated recipients' username (not userid)

Note: To ensure safe transport of the parameters passed in the querystring, you have to URL-encode each of the parameter values. You can use this tool to encode them.

Use Cases:
    See post #7 for possible uses of this mod.

Demo:
    Click this Create New Topic link. You must be logged in to be able to view this live demo since guests have no permission to post.
    https://vbmods.rocks/new-content/164?...led+Editor+mod.

Click this PM link. You must be logged in to be able to view this live demo since guests have no permission to send a PM.
    https://vbmods.rocks/privatemessage/n...,noypiscripter

Screenshot:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	prefilled-pm-screenshot.png Views:	1 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	531
    Download the zip file, uncompress it and upload the XML in AdminCP > Products & Hooks > Manage Products > [Add/Import Product].

Compatibility:
    1. Compatible with vB5 and vB6 (self-hosted).
    2. Not compatible with vBCloud because it is in XML format. But a vBCloud version is possible. Let me know if you are interested.

Version History:
    v1.2
    • Fixed bug on multiple PM recipients.

v1.1
    • Bug fix

v1.0
    • Initial version​

Price: $10

Payment Accepted: PayPal or Debit/Credit Card

Buy Now Add to Cart View Cart

Need help or not comfortable installing this mod? Purchase the installation service below:

Product Installation Add-On: $20
    Purchase this product add-on to get professional installation of this mod from us.

Add to Cart View Cart

Don't have a PayPal account yet or want to use a new account to purchase this mod? Sign up with PayPal now and get $5 reward!

Want to pay using Credit/Debit Card? Contact us and we will send you an invoice where you can use your own card.

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-31-2023, 10:42 PM.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Updated the mod from just being a prefilled PM mod to being a prefilled editor that also prefills the editor when creating a new forum/blog/article post.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Ugh! You did it. You tripped a pet peeve of mine. Be forewarned, here comes a small rant.
      The abuse of the prefix, PRE.

Definition: a prefix occurring originally in loanwords from Latin, where it meant β€œbefore” ( preclude; prevent); applied freely as a prefix, with the meanings β€œprior to,” β€œin advance of,” β€œearly,” β€œbeforehand or prior to being,” β€œbefore,” β€œin front of,” and with other figurative meanings ( pre-historical; existing before historical records).

verb filled-
      past tense: filled; past participle: filled
      • put someone or something into (a space or container) so that it is completely or almost completely full.

pre-filled?
      So confusing. Filled is a past tense word indicating the action has already taken place. With the PRE prefix, it means the state in which it was prior to having already been done.
      This is like some sort of voodoo temporal mechanics at work here!

How about just, Fill Editor?

---

Of course, my worst of all the PRE abuses has to be pre-heat the oven... seriously?
      β€œplace the turkey in a pre-heated oven...” It’s ridiculous! There are only two states an oven can possibly exist in: HEATED OR UNHEATED! β€œPre-heated” is a meaningless term! It’s like β€œpre-recorded...” β€œthis program was pre-recorded...” well OF COURSE it was pre-recorded! When else are you gonna record it? Afterwards?! That’s the whole purpose of recording: to do it beforehand... otherwise it doesn’t really work does it?!
      β€œPre-existing”, β€œpre-planning”, β€œpre-screening”, you know what I tell these people? PRE-SUCK MY GENITAL SITUATION!!! And they seem to understand what I’m talking about...

Similar to these stupid new commercials... pre-diabetic. Guess what, EVERYONE is a PRE Diabetic until such time they become diabetic.

But I'll digress now.

Comment

The editor is filled out in advanced. I can change it to Autofill Editor if that makes you happy.​​​ But it doesn't really matter what it's called as long as people understand what it means and what it does.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Autofill sounds good. BTW, don't take that too serious. Just making for some conversation while I wait on my video editor to finish repairing a file.

Comment

Didn't read this careful enough. So this is gonna be something I have to add into the URL in order to make it work? What if my pre-filled message is too long. Will it blend?

Still, I can't find a way to activate the mod. I hope I don't have to change the URL and add those long parameters...

Comment

Yes you have to add the info to be auto-filled in the URL. You can put as many as 2000 characters in the URL.

Here are a number of use cases for this mod:
              • In a post, any user could post a "PM me" link asking other users to send him a message. For example,

"Hey guys I'm selling my cute puppies, PM me if you are interested."

The user could then make the "PM me" a link with the following pre-filled information in the URL:
                /privatemessage/new/0?subject=Interested+to+buy+your+puppies&body=I+am +willing+to+buy+them+for+$&to=DogLover
              • In a sticky post, you could provide a link for new users to say hello to the "Introduce Yourself" forum. The link might look like this:

/new-content/123?subject=Hi+there!&body=I+am+new+to+this+forum. +My+name+is+
              • Outside your site (e.g. Facebook), you could provide a link to users to post to your forum or send a PM with pre-filled information.

I've seen at least 2 requests for this kind of mod in the following threads in vbulletin:

Hey dudes Just wondering if this was possible, I want to provide a link to users than opens up a Private Message to a) a particular user (sorted this part) and b) a pre-filled Subject line. Thanks

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hello,

Does it improve seo links?

i am a little bit confused about what is for and its importance

Thank you

Comment

It has nothing to do with SEO. It's just a convenient tool for end users to autofill editor with some pre-defined format.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Is there any way to do this where the auto fill content for the thread is input via an admincp option? Option to select which channel(s) to create auto fill threads, Option to input the content to auto fill. Option to turn mod on/off.

I would like to have something like this for my staff to answer a pre defined set of questions created within a thread of my choosing. As soon as they click the 'New Thread' Button, the editor is pre filled with the content I set within the admincp options.

Is this doable Glenn?
                    https://mitchysfunsite.com
                    Streets FB: https://www.facebook.com/StreetVibrationsSL

Comment

Yes, that's possible. It would be a separate mod that will work in conjunction with this mod.
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Another life-saver. Why this stuff wasn't in the core product is your gain.

I did find two undocumented features....
                        1. If you need to include the "=" within the body (e.g. as part of a URL string), the hook drops the values after that... Use URL encoding to swap out the "=" to "%25" and it will work perfectly
                        2. If you substitute the numeric user ID for the "0" after "/new/" and before the "?" you do not need to include the "to=" fields unless it's going to multiple recipients.​

Everything else works perfect....

Comment

Thanks for the purchase Eolesen!

I just found out that something had changed in vB5/6 in terms of specifying multiple recipients to PM since this mod was created. Instead of comma, you have to use semicolon. I'll have to update this mod to accommodate that change.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

The multiple PM recipient bug is fixed. All customers who purchased this mod should receive an email containing the download link.
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                              glennrocksvb commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You can specify either comma or semicolon as delimeter for multiple recipients in the "to" querystring parameter. Both delimiters should work.

Btw, this mod works in vB5 and vB6 self-hosted. If you want a vBCloud version, please let me know.
                            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"