Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB Update 5.6.6 breaks username if "vbcards" are selected...

Comment

Comment

It comes up like this now since 5.6.6

Originally posted by Find all postsView ProfileDougInAustin
        If you remove the steering wheel
        "Find all postsView Profile"

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reporting. I'll take a look.

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like the same root cause (user card) as the Topic Starter Ribbon. I'll post a fix soon.

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm on cloud

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
        It comes up like this now since 5.6.6
        New plugin version 1.1 uploaded in the first post. When uploading the xml file, make sure to select Allow Overwrite > Yes. I have updated instructions in the first post to add this instruction.

I have also updated the plugin on this site. So it should also work now here. The quote in this post was done by highlighting the text.

Comment

This is what I see on cloud... Never did a hook before

Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed - 2022-01-17T205857.240.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	23236

Comment

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            Right now we have Javascript in the Google Analytics area for this to work

Thank you Glenn, all fixed

Comment

Will this work on VB Cloud?

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, it works great!!!

Hi Mitch,

I have two questions then, as a reminder, I'm using VB cloud.

1. I was looking at my cloud installation and I can't apparently install products. This means I have to add the hook and template manually, right?

2. What's the difference between this version and the vb cloud version?

TIA

Comment

1) These are the Pro versions (paid) which work on vB5 and vB6:

vBCloud:
              This mod is the vBCloud version of the free Quote Selected Text for self-download vB5 (https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin-5-modifications/vbulletin-5-products-and-extensions/177-quote-selected-text). Sometimes you only want to quote some text in a post instead of the entire post when replying. This modification allows users

Self-hosted version:
              Sometimes you only want to quote a portion of a post instead of the entire post when replying. This modification allows users to easily do that. This plugin is very useful for forums that want to have more precise and relevant quotes in their threads. It helps users to avoid quoting unnecessary or irrelevant text and focus on

2) This free version only works on desktop while the Pro version works on desktop, tablets, mobile and other touch devices. The Pro version is more efficient than the free version in terms of page load performance as it only loads the mod on Topic pages where it is needed while the Free version loads the mod on all pages across the site. The paid and free versions were not created at the same time. The paid ones were only created about 6 years after the free one to implement improvements to the mod.

Comment

Thanks for that!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does this work on VB hosted cloud installations? Apparently there's no product/hook turn off/on switch that I see.

Comment

I'm using VB6 cloud, hosted by Vb.

Comment

I followed the instructions and installed the paid version, but it didn't work.

Comment

You purchased the vBCloud version which is correct. This is the topic for the vBCloud version

This mod is the vBCloud version of the free Quote Selected Text for self-download vB5 (https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin-5-modifications/vbulletin-5-products-and-extensions/177-quote-selected-text). Sometimes you only want to quote some text in a post instead of the entire post when replying. This modification allows users

Make sure you follow the instructions carefully including the creation of the template and the template hook.

Please post in that topic if you still encounter any issues.

Comment

Apologies, I'm an idiot.

Ignore what I said, I realized my mistake and it's working great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                            glennrocksvb commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Glad you got it working.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                        X
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"