Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to create a new profile field for occupation and set the type to Single-Selection Menu and use that field instead of the default one.

For the site link, that's not part of the free version. I'm creating a paid version with more features.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Okay thank you!

Comment

Released a new version of this mod v1.1 to add rel="nofollow" to Send PM link to prevent search engines to follow the link and get Access denied error.

See updated first post for more info.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

In Vbulletin 5.2.5 appeared chat to communicate with users. You can change a little code in the plugin for those who uses 5.2.5 below by clicking on the button send_pm opened a pop-up chat window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-16_23-20-05.png
Views:	310
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	2170

Code:
          <vb:if condition="$vboptions['profile_fields_sendpm']">
              <li class="b-userinfo__additional-info"><a href="{vb:raw baseurl}/privatemessage/new/{vb:raw userInfo.userid}" class="send-pm-in-postbit" rel="nofollow"><span></span>{vb:phrase pm_send}</a></li>
          </vb:if>]]>
          replace

Code:
              <li class="b-link h-align-middle js-link js-pmchat-link"><a href="{vb:raw baseurl}/pmchat/chat?toUserid={vb:raw userInfo.userid}" class="b-link h-align-middle js-link js-pmchat-link" rel="nofollow"><span></span>{vb:phrase pm_send}</a></li>
          I think it will be much easier. I apologize for my bad English.

Comment

Originally posted by artscripts View Post
            In Vbulletin 5.2.5 appeared chat to communicate with users. You can change a little code in the plugin for those who uses 5.2.5 below by clicking on the button send_pm opened a pop-up chat window.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2170[/ATTACH]

Code:
            <li class="b-userinfo__additional-info"><a href="{vb:raw baseurl}/privatemessage/new/{vb:raw userInfo.userid}" class="send-pm-in-postbit" rel="nofollow"><span></span>{vb:phrase pm_send}</a></li>
            replace

Code:
            <li class="b-link h-align-middle js-link js-pmchat-link"><a href="{vb:raw baseurl}/pmchat/chat?toUserid={vb:raw userInfo.userid}" class="b-link h-align-middle js-link js-pmchat-link" rel="nofollow"><span></span>{vb:phrase pm_send}</a></li>
            I think it will be much easier. I apologize for my bad English.
            The chat bubble icon next to the username already does that. So it would be a duplicate if "Send PM" does the same.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
              The chat bubble icon next to the username already does that. So it would be a duplicate if "Send PM" does the same.
              Sorry, did not see, I do not have a style buttons around nickname.

Comment

Great, Thanks for this mod

Comment

Thank you so much. It works perfectly.

Comment

Love it, especially the Send PM feature. Running v5.2.6 Just bought you a cup of coffee Glenn. Enjoy!
                    Dotti

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for your generosity.

Is it possible to add the "Send PM" link also to the user profile somehow?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes. I can do that as a separate mod.

• shining
                      shining commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Would love that because our users have problems finding the button in the profile (we have the "about"-tab first...)

Hi everybody =)

I recently added custom profile fields code Glenn posted on the https://www.vbulletin.com which displayed in the postbits section.

When I add or enter text for the Biography, Location, Interests or Occupation fields, the values or entries for the added custom fields gets erased.

I just made one custom profile field as editable and the entry in it doesn't get erased when the other built-in custom fields (Biography, Location, Interests or Occupation) are edited. The other non-editable custom fields' entries still get erased.

Regards,

Jeremiah

Comment

Did you set them as public?
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Did you set them as public?
                        Yes, they're public. =)

Comment

I'm also using this mod here. I made Occupation non-editable. I can still see it but maybe because I'm an admin. Can you see it in your end?

Btw, why would you want to make the fields non-editable? That means user can't enter their info.
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'm also using this mod here. I made Occupation non-editable. I can still see it but maybe because I'm an admin. Can you see it in your end?

Btw, why would you want to make the fields non-editable? That means user can't enter their info.
                            Yes, I can see it on my end.

We're going to assign other information taken from one of our sites which is related to the specific user. =)

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                            X
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"