Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting errors after installing it etc. e.g.

Can I pay you to install and fix it? my domain has ssl etc..

thanks

cheers
    pete

Comment

Starting vB 5.3.4, Open Graph meta tags have been implemented. But it is not as complete as this mod. Their implementation does not pick up the first attached image in the first post of a topic. It doesn't also have the Twitter Card meta tags.

Another thing is their Open Graph meta tags cannot be turned off or disabled. So if you want to keep this mod, there will be duplicate description, url and image og tags. I don't know if that is bad but if you want to remove the duplicates like I do, then you'd have to comment out some of the default meta tags in the header template.

Code:
      <vb:comment>
          <meta property="og:description" content="{vb:var page.metadescription}" />
          <meta property="og:url" content="{vb:raw baseurl}{vb:var page.url}" />
          <vb:if condition="$vboptions['facebookfeedimageurl']"><meta property="og:image" content="{vb:var vboptions.facebookfeedimageurl}" /></vb:if>
      </vb:comment>
      Add the <vb:comment></vb:comment> tags in red around the description, url and image og tags.

Comment

would this allow me to get a html widget to work that will display facebook's pages plugin ? (like box)

Comment

• NumNum
        NumNum commented
        Editing a comment
        What version of vB are you running?

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        No. This mod is for when your page is shared on Facebook, Twitter or other Open Graph supported sites, the first attached image (if any) of the first post in a thread shows up on the shared post.

Comment

Unless you are looking for something other than the Facebook/Twitter share buttons, this version has it. You’ll need to activate it in the admincp
        If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled ~ Red Skelton

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          vB5.3.4 Conflict:
          Starting 5.3.4, Open Graph is implemented by default. But it still lacks all the features of this mod at this time. So this mod is still better than the default. Please see post #47 in this topic or read this quoted post for more details:
          Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          Starting vB 5.3.4, Open Graph meta tags have been implemented. But it is not as complete as this mod. Their implementation does not pick up the first attached image in the first post of a topic. It doesn't also have the Twitter Card meta tags.

Another thing is their Open Graph meta tags cannot be turned off or disabled. So if you want to keep this mod, there will be duplicate description, url and image og tags. I don't know if that is bad but if you want to remove the duplicates like I do, then you'd have to comment out some of the default meta tags in the header template.
          Code:

<vb:comment> <meta property="og:description" content="{vb:var page.metadescription}" /> <meta property="og:url" content="{vb:raw baseurl}{vb:var page.url}" /> <vb:if condition="$vboptions['facebookfeedimageurl']"><meta property="og:image" content="{vb:var vboptions.facebookfeedimageurl}" /></vb:if> </vb:comment>
          Add the <vb:comment></vb:comment> tags in red around the description, url and image og tags.

​​​​​
          Please vote for this JIRA to resolve the conflict:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17924
          The JIRA http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17924 has been fixed in 5.4.0 which seems to be the next version after 5.3.4. This will allow you to disable the default Open Graph and resolve its conflict with this mod.

Comment

• NumNum
            NumNum commented
            Editing a comment
            Good news!
        Working...
        X