You need the GIPHY API key.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      You need the GIPHY API key.
      Yea i didnt want to post it here. The key is in. I get a blank giphy box. And the search says Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 6.34.15 PM.png
Views:	292
Size:	471.1 KB
ID:	13023

Comment

Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to the vB root directory.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to the vB root directory.
          I dont know how to do that. Can i just get a refund?

Comment

• Fleet
            Fleet commented
            Editing a comment
            You know i cant do that. I dont even know what FTP is. I have always paid you to do these things. I thought this was a simple Products and Hooks install. It didnt say anything about going into cpanel. Ill just have to pass man.I wanted this and had been waiting but i cant do this stuff. And im gonna pass on paying for install. I like the products i can install myself.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Not all products require just uploading XML files. Some requires uploading extra files to the server via FTP or cPanel. I can upload them for you for free. I'll do it shortly.

But it would be beneficial for you in the future to learn how to do this yourself. I think you're just afraid to try and learn new things but that's understandable. If you know how to use a computer, then it wouldn't be that hard for you to learn these things.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Done uploading. Check it out now.

• Fleet
            Fleet commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be great Glenn. We are in the process of aquiring a bunch of new members and i dont want to mess with it right now. I think i paid for Ribbon install as well and im still waiting for that.

• glennrocksvb
            glennrocksvb commented
            Editing a comment
            Let's discuss it in email.

I applied for Production API key from GIPHY to remove the 10k requests limit on this site and they approved it! This is not required under normal conditions but if you think you will exceed this limit, you must apply for it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	13060

If you need help applying the same, please let me know.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I have updated the GIPHY icon with a better contrast. I will update the mod shortly with this new icon.

If you've purchased this mod, you will receive an email notification once I updated the mod. But if you can't wait, you can download the new icon below by right clicking and choosing "Save image as..." or equivalent.

Then upload it to your server and overwrite the existing one at /images folder. Once uploaded to the server, you may need to clear CDN cache (e.g. Cloudflare), if any. You may also need to clear browser cache.

Or you could use a different filename for the new icon image, upload it to your server, then update the ​​​​giphy_icon_path stylevar in the Style Variable Editor in AdminCP with the new filename. This doesn't require clearing the CDN and browser cache.
            Last edited by glennrocksvb; 09-26-2018, 01:09 PM.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Very nice mod
              happy culturajubile GIF by Cultura

Comment

sad depression GIF by alessiodevecchi

Need a solution for Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by GM Junkies View Post
                  Need a solution for Cloud.
                  It requires running a server-side code to search the GIPHY server for GIFs but uploading a PHP file on the server is not allowed in vBCloud. The possible alternative I can think of is to deploy a remote server-side script via server-less architecture using AWS Lambda which lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. AWS Lambda has free tiers which allows 1M requests per month. I think that's more than enough for searching GIPHY.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Mitch
                    Mitch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ------

excited done with finals GIF

Comment

• NumNum
                    NumNum commented
                    Editing a comment
                    She's way too excited.

It requires running a server-side code to search the GIPHY server for GIFs but uploading a PHP file on the server is not allowed in vBCloud. The possible alternative I can think of is to deploy a remote server-side script via server-less architecture using AWS Lambda which lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. AWS Lambda has free tiers which allows 1M requests per month. I think that's more than enough for searching GIPHY.
                  I'm game to try it and help you test.

Comment

Originally posted by GM Junkies View Post
                    I'm game to try it and help you test.
                    That makes two of us

Comment

Still interested

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                        glennrocksvb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Haven't had a chance to play with AWS yet.

Still holding out hope to be a test site

Comment

I have followed all steps from installation but getting an error as following:

Warning: include(.../cache/template/template609.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/includes/vb5/template.php on line 375 Warning: include(.../cache/template/template609.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/includes/vb5/template.php on line 375 Warning: include(): Failed opening '.../cache/template/template609.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/7.2/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/includes/vb5/template.php on line 375

And when clicking the giphy button no popup window shows (nothing happens)

Any idea whats wrong here?

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                        X
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"