X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Mod Enhanced Floating Bar

This vBulletin 5 Floating Bar modification has the same basic features as the default vBulletin 5 floating bar with the following awesome additional features:
    • More noticeable bar when floating. Same background as the main navigation bar.
    • Better pagination controls. Same controls as the ones at the bottom of the Topic detail page.
    • Has Go to Top button.
    • Has the +Subscribe/Subscribed/Unsubscribe button. The page does not reload (like the default behavior) when these buttons are clicked.
    • Has the Message link and notification.
    • Has the Profile menu similar to the one on the top right corner of the page.
    • Has the navigation menu that includes the main navigation bar items, breadcrumbs, footer, language chooser (if available), and style chooser (if available).
    • Enables the floating bar to some pages (e.g. Memberlist, Profile, etc.) where the bar does not float by default.
    • Supports RTL.
    Compatibility: 5.2.2 and below. This is not compatible with 5.2.3 and up due to the new Message chat dropdown.

See screenshots below.

Download the file, uncompress it and then upload the XML file in AdminCP > Products & Hooks > Manage Products.
    Attached Files
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

I have this product installed. It rocks! Just to let everyone know, Glenn offers branding free for a small price which I took advantage of.

Enjoy,
    William

Comment

Thank Glennrocksvb.

No better pagination for me :

5.2.3 broken pagination ?

Comment

• William
        William commented
        Editing a comment
        How did you get the vb messenger drop down? Is that the default or Glenn's enhanced bar?

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        I think my mod gets whatever is in the top bar. I'm not sure though if the dropdown for the messenger will appear when clicked.

I haven't checked this mod in 5.2.3 yet. Will do when I get a chance.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• William
        William commented
        Editing a comment
        Glenn, I purchased the branding free version of this mod, and it is old. Will I need to purchase it again after you update it (branding free). Or will that be available to me?

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        I missed your comment William. It's been a long time since I updated this mod but I checked my emails I sent you before and you have v1.1 of the mod. So it is older than what I have now. You can have the latest branding free version for free. But it seems like this mod is currently disabled on your site?

• William
        William commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Glenn, I disabled the bar because I couldn't figure out various css conflicts. I was having issues with the color combination. I would try the newest one and then ask you for help if I can't figure it out. Oh yea, I also disabled it because I was trying to track down why I had so many requests. I believe it had nothing to do with your bar.

hello,

i just wanted to verify an issue i have noticed that i sent glenn a pm about after 5.2.3 came out..but now i still see it in 5.2.4 and i verified it to this floating bar by disabling the hook for it and noticing things going back to normal...

i believe it has to do with what william is talking about....specifically this example can show you...i have 2 chats open with a few comments in them....by default this would show one link per conversation.....instead it lists "per comment" which is clearly a problem quickly
      Click image for larger version

Name:	floatingbarbug.png
Views:	319
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	1319

the other buggy thing i noticed is sometimes when trying to hover into those menus, the hover breaks and they will disappear instead of allowing the navigation...

also, you may want to know that i am having this effect, not only in the floating bar while browsing topics, but on the main page user bar..

i love this mod, hoping to be able to fix it so i can turn it back on...vb5 keeps getting closer, slowly by slowly but im digging back into things again for a bit, see what we can do with it

thanks for all the great work glenn, top notch stuff and looking forward to some of these other projects i see you busy with

Comment

Will check the mod on 5.2.3. Thanks for reporting and welcome to the forums IggyP!
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I confirmed the issue of this mod in 5.2.3 due to the breaking changes introduced by the chat dropdown in the top bar. I will fix this when I get a chance but I cannot promise when.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Also...
            For vB 5.1x-5.2.1 (don't have 5.2.2 to test) there is a top positioning issue with the vBSocial Toolbar, Enhanced, Ultimate and Social 10 versions, and I suspect any which are not the default. Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1362

This can be corrected manually by setting the top: 0px; value to 16px;

Code:
            element {
                z-index: 99;
                width: auto;
                right: auto;
                top: 16px;
                bottom: auto;
            }
            I don't know if any sort of test can be performed to distinguish between the different bars, but an option to enter the spacing value would be useful considering. Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1363

Adding this code to css_additional.css will resolve this.
            Code:
            /* Start Fix Enhanced Floating Bar for non-default toolbar */
            div.conversation-toolbar {
                top: 16px;
            }
            /* End Fix Enhanced Floating Bar for non-default toolbar */
            Last edited by Felix2; 09-26-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

PS On Social 10, a value of 32 is needed.

Comment

I am running into an issue on 5.2.6 with this mod. The Messages/Profile links are clickable but menus do not show up. Seems similar to some of the other issues that were mentioned here.
                Attached Files

Comment

This mod was broken since the vB Messenger was introduced. I haven't fixed it yet.
                  Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                  A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• Daryn
                    Daryn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Any chance you could split the "back to Top" part of it out as a mini-mod until you have a chance to sort the main mod out?

Please fix this mod.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    glennrocksvb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will try what I can do.

Hello Glenn,

Unless things change I would be interested in this mod too.

Have a Nice Day!!!!!
                  RUBE

Comment

Do you have time to update this mod for recent versions of vB?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      glennrocksvb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will try to find time.

• KarlM
                      KarlM commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I second this

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                  X
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"