X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panzerscope View Post

I get you on the non technical side of things, I know some things but not all so I also pay for some support from Glenn including the odd installation service for mods. For me at least it makes sense that the installation fee is a one time thing. He takes the time to install it for a fixed fee, if he has to spend the time doing it again in the future..it is still his time. That is the way I look at it, time is money. I do get that costs do add up and owning and running a site can soon become expensive...depending how far you are taking it.
    Its probably fine print stuff. Thats all im asking for. Be cause i cant reinstall add ons. Nor can i afford to pay for installation every time. I get the work load that would entale for Glenn though. This isnt an attack on him. I just need to know these things. Because they will keep me from buying add ons. If i know install will never have to be redone after an update ill buy them.

But VB can put out 3 updates a year. Thats almost 100 a year if i have an add on that needs to be reinstalled. I dont update every time VB does. That would cost me over 300 in upgrade fees a year. Then you mix in the reinstall of add ons? Cha ching.

I just want to see this in the fine print. Im trying to help Glenn be more transparent with his products.

Comment

It's actually mentioned in the file that you will receive when you purchase installation service:

vBMods.rocks Professional Installation Add-On:
      ==============================================

This product add-on entitles you to a one-time professional installation of any vB mod you purchased or obtained for free from https://vbmods.rocks.
      Anyway, I'll put a similar note in the product thread page. Thanks for the feedback.
      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
      Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
      Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
        It's actually mentioned in the file that you will receive when you purchase installation service:

Anyway, I'll put a similar note in the product thread page. Thanks for the feedback.
        Exactly. After i pay for it. But if i know ill have to pay you every time i update...prior to actually purchasing it....i wont purchase it. So i pay for it first...find out the small print later. In this case after i bought it....thats when you tell me i have to pay for installation every time. I think it comes off as sales tactics. Dont be upfront about everything because it may deter sales. Tell them that little bit of info afterwards.

At any rate i need you to reinstall it again. And i think any other add on that tells you these things after purchase should be mentioned prior to the sale. Its good business tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          I think it comes off as sales tactics. Dont be upfront about everything because it may deter sales. Tell them that little bit of info afterwards.
          That was not my intention. That was just an oversight. You should know me better we've worked together for a while now.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
            That was not my intention. That was just an oversight. You should know me better we've worked together for a while now.
            I know im basically refferring to some of the businesses i deal with on a daily basis. The big ones. Cox. Spectrum. Even Amazon has had soe issues with witholding info.

I love our relationship. Its been a good one.

Comment

I have updated the text for the Product Installation Add-on service in the first post for all the mods to indicate it is for a one-time installation only of a single product. But it is not reflecting the changes I made. I am using BBCode for this and I have cleared the system cache, rebuilt topic and forum information but it's still not updating the posts. It used to work before but I don't know what happened why it stopped working. Maybe the patches broke it?

Anyway, I have also added a prompt when clicking Add To Cart button for the Product Installation Add-on service to inform the buyer about the one-time installation policy. This should avoid confusion in the future.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I have also updated last week or the previous week the Buy Now and Add To Cart buttons for all the products to show this prompt when clicking.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Woking as expected in vb5.5.5
                  Wise men say nothing Fools never listen

Comment

vb 5.5.6 alpha 1 No longer required as it is part of the upgrade but prefer your versiom

Comment

Originally posted by willie53 View Post
                      vb 5.5.6 alpha 1 No longer required as it is part of the upgrade but prefer your versiom
                      Can we drag and drop pictures in vBulletin 5.5.6?

What is the difference between our Glenn's and vBulletin now?

Comment

The main difference is that in 5.5.6 is the image is dropped in the attachment window where as in glenns version it can be dropped directly into the post window

Comment

Originally posted by willie53 View Post
                          The main difference is that in 5.5.6 is the image is dropped in the attachment window where as in glenns version it can be dropped directly into the post window
                          Thank you willie53,
                          Also, In Glenn's we can copy paste pictures which is not an option in this new vbulletin update, so, Glenn's version is still the best and can't be replaced by the vb update.

Please Willie, could you give a try to this, as you have updated to the last upgrade, if you turn off vbulletin and sign out, to look as a visitor with turned off vb (are you still seeing home page appearing normal (not broken)?, I think there is a problem, I am not sure if it is only happening with my forums or it is a general bug not noticed yet.?!

everything is normal except if i turn off the site and sign out as a visitor !

Thanx

Comment

Does it work on 5.5.6 ?

Comment

Doesn't need to, last time I looked 5.5.6 has all the functionality by default now that this plugin offered. Your best bet is to remove the plugin before you upgrade to 5.5.6 to avoid conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by panzerscope View Post
                                Doesn't need to, last time I looked 5.5.6 has all the functionality by default now that this plugin offered. Your best bet is to remove the plugin before you upgrade to 5.5.6 to avoid conflicts.
                                There is a conflict but this Mod is really still needed, as copy pasting images is a real advantage that it provides while missing in 5.5.6

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                                X
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"