First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

work great with vBulletin Version 4.2.1
    thanks a lot

Comment

Does this still work on recent VB 5 forums ?

Comment

Hello. I have installed the code and it works pretty fine, however I noticed a heavy drop in speed of going back and forth between each thread pages, especially those which had the tweet in them. Like when I move to a page that has an embedded tweet, it takes ages. Is there any solution for such problem ? glennrocksvb

Comment

This doesn't seem to work on our site, recently updated to 5.6.1.

The button works but the Tweet is not displaying in the post.

Comment

Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-26-2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• lottidah
              lottidah commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't seem to work here either?

Starting to think it was a twitter issue....I don't know.

Comment

The code work on my 3.8.11 and 5.6.1 forums. It's the same code. It work with activated parameter/option. Probably, it work on vB4 too.

Comment

work great on 5.6.3
                thank you

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                  One way to integrate social media with forums is to embed tweets from Twitter into forum posts.

Go to AdminCP > Custom BB Codes > Add New BB Code and enter the following information:

Title: Tweet
                  BB Code Tag Name: tweet
                  Replacement:
                  Code:
                  <div data-tweet-param="{param}"></div><script>(function(){function k(a,c){var d=Element.prototype;return(d.matches||d.webkitMatchesSelector||d.mozMatchesSelector||d.msMatchesSelector||function(a){return-1!==[].indexOf.call(document.querySelectorAll(a),this)}).call(a,c)}function g(a,c){return a?k(a,c)?a:"HTML"===a.tagName?null:g(a.parentNode,c):null}var b="{param}",a,e=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=e[e.length-1],f;if(/^http[s]*:\/\//.test(b)){a=document.createElement("a");a.href=b;b=a.pathname.substring(a.pathname.lastIndexOf("/")+1)}f=e.parentNode.querySelector('[data-tweet-param="{param}"]:empty');(a=g(f,".js-post"))?a=a.getAttribute("data-node-id"):(a=g(f,".js-post-sm"),a=a?a.getAttribute("data-nodeid"):Math.floor(Math.random()*10000));a="t_"+(a||"")+"_"+b;window[a]=function(a){f.innerHTML=a.html;a=f.getElementsByTagName("script");for(var c,d=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],b=0;b<a.length;b++)a[b].src?(c=document.createElement("script"),c.src=a[b].src,d.appendChild(c)):eval(a[b].textContent)};var h=document.createElement("script");h.src="https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/oembed.json?id="+b+decodeURIComponent("%26")+"callback="+a;e.parentNode.appendChild(h)})();</script>
                  Example: [tweet]TweetUrlOrTweetIdHere[/tweet]
                  Other Options: Select Yes to all starting from "Remove Tag If Empty" option (for Button Image option, you could specify image path. If specified, a new button for this BB Code will appear in the editor)

Demo:
                  This tweet:
                  [tweet]https://twitter.com/noypiscripter/status/758114543033647104[/tweet]

or just using the Twitter Post ID

[tweet]758114543033647104[/tweet]

will be rendered as:

To get the Tweet URL, go to a tweet on Twitter, click on the 3 dots icon below the tweet, choose "Copy link to Tweet" and then copy the URL.

Other sample:
                  Stupid newbie question here. Do we copy the entire code to put in the Replacement field? That's what I did, but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

Comment

I also can't get a button to show up on the editor.

Comment

I doubt this is a plug in issue. Others dont have this problem. But when i copy a link from twitter...for some reason code is being added to it.

https://twitter.com/NewEraZach_/stat...27064285069315?s=20&t=h5wzfdPYmur0wCko-5LiQw

For instance the bolded part. I always have to delete the question mark and everything after it to get it to post a tweet. I use Chrome. But tested it with firefox and it does the same thing. My guess is its my macbook? Which is up to date.

Comment

That is called URL querystring. After you copy the Tweet URL on Twitter, paste it in a text editor. Do you see that querystring?
                        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
                        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
                        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Ok, I tried going to Twitter and copy the Tweet URL using the Share icon at the bottom of the tweet post and I see the same querystring. It seems this is Twitter's way to track how many times a tweet is shared? It doesn't break the Tweet BBCode, does it?
                          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
                            Ok, I tried going to Twitter and copy the Tweet URL using the Share icon at the bottom of the tweet post and I see the same querystring. It seems this is Twitter's way to track how many times a tweet is shared? It doesn't break the Tweet BBCode, does it?
                            It does. For me it just shows up as blank.

Comment

Ok I'm looking into it.
                              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                              X
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"