Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick fix for the reset-password page being inaccessible to logged out users in a private forum

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRXClub
    replied
    Very keen to get this mod having just upgraded our club forum from VB4 to VB5 yesterday and now getting users emailing me because they can't reset their passwords! However I have signed up and activated my account, I can post but can't see the code in the solution above. Does something else need to happen so I can see it?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• glennrocksvb
    commented on 's reply
    You're welcome Guest.

• djbrown
    replied
    awesome thanks

Leave a comment:

• Quick fix for the reset-password page being inaccessible to logged out users in a private forum

If you are running a private vB5 forum that requires registered users to access and view the forums, you are experiencing this bug where the reset-password page is not accessible when user is not logged in. So it's not possible for your users to reset their password.

Enabling "Can View Channels" permission fixes the issue, however it's not a desirable workaround as it allows guests to partially view the site.

This issue occurs in vB 5.2.1 to 5.2.3 which was recently released. Based on the bug report, it seems that vBulletin will fix it in the next version 5.2.4 which would probably be released in 3 months or so. I based this on the time it took to release 5.2.3 from the time 5.2.2 was released. But you'll never know when.

If you cannot wait for the official fix, then this hack is for you. (Note: As of 5.2.4, this issue was officially fixed by vB, so you don't need this mod anymore)

Open and edit this file in a text editor.

Code:
    /core/vb/api/route.php

Find and replace this line:

PHP Code:
    protected $whitelistPrefix = array('help''contact-us''lostpw''register''activateuser''activateemail''admincp'); 

with:

PHP Code:
    protected $whitelistPrefix = array('help''contact-us''lostpw''register''activateuser''activateemail''admincp''reset-password'); 

Notice that you simply have to add the URL prefix for Reset Password page to the array. I don't know why it is taking time for vBulletin to fix this issue.

Note: Since this is a core hack, you have to re-apply this change whenever you upgrade. But this wouldn't matter anymore if they would fix this in vB 5.2.4.
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 02-10-2017, 02:27 PM. Reason: Added note that this mod is no longer needed in 5.24 and up

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
X
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"