Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subscription linking to a moderated post, user can't access...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscription linking to a moderated post, user can't access...

Hello!

The user subscribes to a discussion.
    User B writes in the discussion.
    User A receives a notification that a new message has been written in the discussion, the link leads to the user's message B.
    A moderator moderates the user's B message (for some reason).
    User A receives an error message that does not have the rights to access that page.

Is there any way to send the user to the last unread message available?

Thanks

Originally posted by LemonMiao View Post
    User A receives an error message that does not have the rights to access that page.

Is there any way to send the user to the last unread message available?
    User A receiving an access error message is working as designed. If a moderator moderated the topic (first post), then the entire thread is moderated and all regular user subscribers to that thread have no access to the entire topic. So you can't redirect the user to any of the replies in that thread.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      User A receiving an access error message is working as designed. If a moderator moderated the topic (first post), then the entire thread is moderated and all regular user subscribers to that thread have no access to the entire topic. So you can't redirect the user to any of the replies in that thread.

Hi Glenn, I explained myself badly.
      The moderator moderates the last message, not the first, and does not moderate the discussion.
      For example, if you here moderate your message # 2, the notification would give me the error that I do not have access to the discussion.

Comment

Thanks for clarification. I will try to replicate the issue and find a solution.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
          Thanks for clarification. I will try to replicate the issue and find a solution.
          Hi Glenn, any news for me?

Comment

I recommend you to open a bug report in vB tracker system. This cannot be easily fixed.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

This is a real annoying issue and has been brought up. I get notified all the time of users getting a notification dead end. The last time being today..

So I am constantly getting reports from members that when they have notifications to read at times they are not linked to anything. After further research I

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"