X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Listing Options?

The docs mention Settings -> Options -> User Listing Options, but I can't find it. Was it removed recently or something?

Would love to be able to hide my Member List page from non-logged-in visitors, but...

You can hide the Membelist Module by usergroup in the module configuration in Sitebuilder.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

How? This is all I see when I try to edit that module --

Comment

Solved this by setting the Unregistered usergroup to not be able to view channels; that seems to make it so they can't view any of the pages, which is what I wanted.

I have another question, also about the missing User Listing Options page. I want to be able to display custom profile fields in the Member List. Like, this thread https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...on-member-list suggests that you're supposed to be able to set your custom profile fields to be visible in the member list via the User Listing Options page. Is that no longer possible?

In the User Profile Field Manager page, I can set any of the fields to be shown in the Member List, but it doesn't have any effect. The Member List doesn't show any of the fields I've specified should be visible there. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by btman View Post
          How? This is all I see when I try to edit that module --
          You must be not running the latest version 5.3.4 where they implemented module permission.

Regarding the custom profile fields on Memberlist page, I don't think that's implemented in vB5.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Hm, interesting.

Even the non-custom profile fields seem not to show up in the Member List if I configure them to, though: Biography, Location, Interests, etc. Is that a bug?

Comment

They have not implemented any profile fields in Memberlist module yet.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Ah, okay. So (sorry, I'm pretty new to vB development) what you're saying is that vB5 is a major rewrite and they haven't fully implemented all the features that were present in vB4 yet?

That would explain why you can specify profile fields as "Show on Members List" but that doesn't actually have any effect, I guess?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  glennrocksvb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct. And some old settings have not been totally removed. And also some vB3/vB4 features may never be implemented or had been implemented differently.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"