X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscription notifications are not sent

Some of my members have complained that notifications are not being sent from my forum. I suggested they use the following settings to receive notifications, but some still don't receive any. What other areas should I look at:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	270
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	8339

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	104
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	8341
    Attached Files

So some are receiving email notifications and some don't. In that case, for those who don't, it's either their email provider is blocking your email domain or the email is going to their spam folder.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

It's hard to say how many people are affected by this so I decided to test user mentions and I didn't receive the email either using the settings above. I guess if the settings are correct, I'll run this by our exchange admin.

Comment

No email is sent from the forum now. Password resets, subscription email, mentions, etc are not being delivered. I think something broke during one of the recent vb releases. Could this be a php issue?

Comment

Use the Email diagnostics tool in AdminCP > Maintenance to do a test email and see if there's any error returned. If there's no error, then the emails are being sent from vB successfully and the issue might be on the receiver's end.
          Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I get this message but no email is ever received:
            Pertinent PHP Settings
            SMTP: localhost
            sendmail_from: [email protected]
            sendmail_path: None
            Results
            No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check [email protected] shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.

Comment

Did you check the spam folder?

Try​ also whitelisting the email domain used by the forum in your email client.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks Glenn. No email in spam but will try whitelisting the domain.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                X
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"