X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V5 verus V4

My Question for you is I bought the V5 about 2 months ago wuich came with V4. I had a very good friend install Vbulliton and he used V4 his reason was the bugs in V5 needed to be fixed and found first for him,which at this time is fine for me, being new to this platform and in site building. Looking at 5 looks great to me because it just looks more user friendly but V4 is not bad once shown how and what to do. I guss my question is V5 much better than V4 and should one update to V5 because its much better in general not because they went to version 5. I know it will be your opinions but thats how I make my decision when i listen to your knolwage of V5 an V4

Thank You in advance
    THOR

I have no idea as to why anyone would now choose Vb 4 which has reached end of life and is pulled from VB marketing. It is finally dead.

Vb 5 is the flagship VB version. The choice is simple, either VB 5 or some other forum software.

William

Comment

VB5 has bugs. So does VB4, so do Xenforo and Wordpress and all other software. For a new forum, I would start with VB5 since all in all, it really works quite well.

I inherited a site by default that was still on vb3 and went through the painful process of upgrading it to vb4, then making a bunch of backend changes on our server to be able to upgrade to vb5. We needed the site to be responsive because our members come to our site when they're in their woodshops and have a tablet if they're lucky, but mostly just have their phone.

Between responsive and site builder, which nobody on our site sees but me, VB5 is hands down a better product than VB4.

Comment

Thank you very much all pf for the info I will most likely give it a shot but first, my son is teaching on the software called Ruby on Rails it looks interesting may put up 2 another windows server to try them both. again thank you

THOR
        Has anyone heard of this software Ruby on Rails and if so what do you think of it . and if I'm asking about another software an comparing it to vb here, and I shouldn't, I apologize now

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"