X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vBulletin 5 tuning

My site is way slower than it should be. I am running it on a dedicated box inside a VM. The VM has 4 cores and 4GB of RAM. Both the host and the VM are running Centos 7.

What can I do to figure out what is causing the slowness? Where I can start in order to figure out where the bottlenecks are, so that I can begin tuning this system?

Is there a tuning tutorial floating around out there?

Is there any specific page or action that is noticeably slow?
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Yes, posting messages is especially painful. I'd like pulling up a topic to be snappier, but posting is much worse. General responsiveness of the entire site is intermittently sluggish though.

Comment

Originally posted by alfreema View Post
        Yes, posting messages is especially painful. I'd like pulling up a topic to be snappier, but posting is much worse. General responsiveness of the entire site is intermittently sluggish though.
        Are you running 5.3.3 vb and below? My site experienced the same thing and it was due to a bug which allows the search log to grow. Searching, posting, etc took a lot of time. Clearing it from you database helps. If this is the issue you'd need to run the query (be sure to back up your database first):

TRUNCATE searchlog

Others have been recommended to run:

DELETE FROM cache
        DELETE FROM cacheevent
        DELETE FROM searchlog

The search log will gradually grow again though and your site will slow down. 5.3.4 fixed this issue, for FYI.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...es-for-posting

William

Comment

Okay, yes I am still on 5.3.3. I have just been waiting for you experts to confirm that 5.3.4 alpha is okay.

I'll try truncating that table. Actually first I'll take a look at the size of it, then truncate it.

Comment

Just for informational purposes .. it's only got 71,000 records in it. Doesn't seem too big, but then again, I don't know what it's doing with those records.

Comment

TRUNCATE TABLE searchlog and DELETE FROM searchlog are essentially the same thing, you only need to run one of them.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
              X
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"