Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your mobile landing page lightning fast with AMP - Accelerated Mobile Pages

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make your mobile landing page lightning fast with AMP - Accelerated Mobile Pages

I ran the Google Mobile test-my-site check and this was one of the suggested ways to make our landing page load almost instantly. Curious if anyone has set this up on their index page - https://www.ampproject.org/docs/tuto...e/basic_markup

I've looked into AMP before and it will require a lot of editing existing templates and PHP files to implement it. That is a maintenance nightmare every time you upgrade as you would have to re-apply all the PHP changes and resolve template merge conflicts every single time.

But you have to ask this question to yourself: Does it make sense to implement AMP just because Google recommends it? The short answer is: It depends. You may want to read this article.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...ed-amp/181292/

Here's some quotes from that article:

AMP is important because it helps web pages load faster which potentially improves usability and convinces visitors to stay longer on your site engaging with your content. The logic is straightforward: faster load time leads to better engagement, which reduces bounce rate and improves mobile ranking.

However, AMP doesn't improve engagement on its own. It doesn't make your content more useful or entertaining. If your load times are perfect (which, according to HubSpot, is less than 1.5 seconds) but your content is boring, your SERPs won't increase because of your high bounce rate. To make AMP work for your site, you need to have the best of both worlds: fast load time plus superb content.

AMP has the potential to make your visitors happy, which means a lot to Google. And if you please Google, you get higher rankings, bring in more traffic, and increase revenue. But don't be misguided: installing AMP doesn't equal a magically increasing SERP.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Appreciate you sharing that. It was one of the things recommended but seems like a lot of work to maintain, even if applied only to the landing page.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"