X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add breadcrumbs to the footer

Question: Is there a way to add dynamic breadcrumbs to the bottom/footer area of each forum and thread? Obviously the text breadcrumbs at the top of pages is great. we would like to add them to the bottom of each page. We would just like to make it easier for users to navigate our site without having having to make multiple clicks just to view the forum from inside a topic within that forum. Users have to (1) scroll up to the top of each page (either manually or Go To Top), then (2a) click refresh - (2b) Forums - or a (2b) link in the breadcrumbs.

I created a temporary solution by adding forum links in the Footer but this doesn't solve the problem as not all forums are listed in the footer (we have multiple Private forums that we don't want to make public). This also creates an issue on mobile (landscape) and iPad (landscape) where the links fall off the footer into the Copyright area because there are too many.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Originally posted by FatGuyInALittleCoat View Post
    Question: Is there a way to add dynamic breadcrumbs to the bottom/footer area of each forum and thread?
    I followed these instructions and it worked great! Users were complaining left and right without those footer-based breadcrumbs.

Comment

• FatGuyInALittleCoat
      FatGuyInALittleCoat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for posting the link alfreema but unfortunately I'm using the Cloud version and this solution is for the self-hosted version. As a solution, I just added links to the different Channels to the Footer.

Ahh, I didn't consider the Cloud version.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"