Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CometChat on vBulletin 5.3.3

Hi everyone

Is here in these forum any person they know CometChat? I install this add-on in my forum (vBulletin 5.3.3). The problem now is, when I installed CometChat, the Private Message Button doesn't work. When I click on it, I receive an Error-Message that the URL is not valid. When I activate the Debug-Mode, it shows like this:

File /includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php on line 246
    set Routes /includes/vb5/frontend/application.php on line 21
    init in file /index.php on line 48

This I can see, when I click on this button in even user profile:

Click image for larger version

Name:	picture1.png
Views:	1
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	6730

It will be grate, when here is any person, they know the mistake. I uninstall now cometchat an then vBulletin works fine...

What is the url it goes to when clicking PM button? Maybe CometChat changes it to a wrong url. Have you asked their support?

Comment

Hi Glenn

You are perfect! Yes, when CometChat is installed, the URL behind "Private Message"-Button is like this: core/privatemessage/new/118 and when I uninstall CometChat, the URL is this: privatemessage/new/118
      So CometChat changes really the URL for this Private Message Button and add "/core/" to the URL. I made now an email to the CometChat Support, if they can help with this problem.

Comment

Let us know what they say.

But for whatever it's worth, I have a vB5 client who also has CometChat on his forum and the Private Message button in the Profile page works as expected.

Comment

This vB5 forum uses CometChat.

https://www.texasfbt.com/

I created a mod for them to add "Chat with me" link in postbit that opens up the CometChat slideout popup and quickly chat with that person.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chat.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	6872
          Last edited by glennrocksvb; 10-11-2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X