X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled Tasks promotions users

Good aversi can help me in this, I need to know how to make the user program runs automatically by the system without having to wait every hour thanks.

If it runs every hour now, you did already changes. I think default is 25 minutes to promote users by scheduled tasks.

You can change the time in admincp => scheduled tasks => scheduled task manager => User Promotions => edit.
    You could also run it manually from there.

But I don't know how it increase serverload if /includes/cron/promotion.php runs often.

Hope I got your question right and thats help you?
    My forum closed !

Comment

Originally posted by delicjous View Post
      If it runs every hour now, you did already changes. I think default is 25 minutes to promote users by scheduled tasks.

You can change the time in admincp => scheduled tasks => scheduled task manager => User Promotions => edit.
      You could also run it manually from there.

But I don't know how it increase serverload if /includes/cron/promotion.php runs often.

Hope I got your question right and thats help you?

If I saw the option to change, I'm not clear if it's in the 25th minute of the hour and then it takes another hour until the 25th minute of the next hour, I do not know myself, I put it every minute, According to law out there the user must be active for some time. I think in my case the problem may be that I am with 2 accounts doing test from the same ip. Thanks for your answer to see if anyone knows how to modify php and clarifies more.
      t is for example like this forum, When you confirm the mail, another notice comes out to create a new theme, and I understand that this is done with promotions of groups of users,

Comment

Originally posted by bartolo View Post

If I saw the option to change, I'm not clear if it's in the 25th minute of the hour and then it takes another hour until the 25th minute of the next hour, I do not know myself, I put it every minute, According to law out there the user must be active for some time. I think in my case the problem may be that I am with 2 accounts doing test from the same ip. Thanks for your answer to see if anyone knows how to modify php and clarifies more.
        t is for example like this forum, When you confirm the mail, another notice comes out to create a new theme, and I understand that this is done with promotions of groups of users,
        Please make your screenshots in english The schedule runs every minute now... So if a user reach a goal to be promoted (you could set it up at amincp => usergroups => promotion or admincp => paid subscriptions => subscription manager) the users will promoted now every minute. But the script have to check now every minute if there is a promotion (serverload depends on user count I thiink).

The promotion of email verification isn't done by that schedule I think. It is calling the api and promote the user directly (not 100% sure but I could not imagine it is done by schedule).
        My forum closed !

Comment

Originally posted by delicjous View Post

The promotion of email verification isn't done by that schedule I think. It is calling the api and promote the user directly (not 100% sure but I could not imagine it is done by schedule).
          You are right. The moment you verified your email, your usergroup will be updated immediately.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
          Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
          Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
          A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post

You are right. The moment you verified your email, your usergroup will be updated immediately.
            When they check the mail if it is done automatically, agree, so it happens, but the problem is in the second promotion they have to create a topic, when the user creates the topic does not automatically apply, there I have the problem how can I do? thank you very much
            A cordial greeting

Comment

You can adjust the run time of the user promotion scheduled task to make it more frequent. But note the execution may still not be on time due to the following factors.
              1. There should be active users visiting your site. The scheduled tasks are automatically triggered when a page on the forum is loaded by a user.
              2. There may be other scheduled tasks ahead of the user promotion task in the queue. So even if it's time for the promotion task to run, it may take several page loads by users before it actually runs.
              For every page load, one scheduled task from the queue is ran. If nothing is in the queue, then no task is ran. A task is added in the queue if it reaches its scheduled execution time.
              Last edited by glennrocksvb; 08-28-2017, 10:19 AM.
              Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
              Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
              Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
              A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• chicoynano
                chicoynano commented
                Editing a comment
                It may be that if I am doing the test from the same ip so do not upgrade and apply the promotion, although I am with different browsers but same pc thanks

• glennrocksvb
                glennrocksvb commented
                Editing a comment
                As you load the page on your site, watch and reload the Scheduled Task Manager page in AdminCP to see that the task at the top of the queue is taken off the top IF that task is scheduled to run. Repeat the process until you see User Promotion task is executed.

• chicoynano
                chicoynano commented
                Editing a comment
                Solved many thanks, I will continue to ask about this forum on other issues

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
            X
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"