Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating Bar

Hi Glenn,

For some reason the Floating Bar in threads disappears when reading the last few posts. It seems this is only the case in topics containing long posts with images (like here for example).

Do you know if this is a vB5 bug and how to fix it? When my members want to multi quote it is quite annoying to scroll a little bit to the top to let the reply button appear again.

Thanks,
    Rob

It is a vB5 bug. There is a timing issue. There is a code that calculates the height occupied by a topic on a page to determine up to where the floating bar will scroll down to. But it does the calculation prior to images in the post to be fully loaded. So if a topic has a bunch of large embedded images, the calculation will be off. It has to wait for all the images to completely load in order to get the actual image height and consequently the entire topic height.

I have a floating bar mod that as far as I remember fixes that issue among other things. But it's an old mod and have not updated for a while. I'm not sure if it still works in 5.3.1

This vBulletin 5 Floating Bar modification has the same basic features as the default vBulletin 5 floating bar with the following awesome additional features:
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks for the explanation.

The floating bar mod does work in 5.3.1 except for the Message chat dropdown. Would love to see this mod updated in the future.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"