X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to move all topics and posts from one node to another using sql

I have one node that doesn't allow viewing due to a special character in the title. Clicking Java node 21 returns the page https://xxx.xxx.com/xxx/forum/web-se...A2%C2%84%C2%A2 and displays an invalid page url -- same for clicking a post in the node.

I want to move the topics and posts from node 21 to a new node 6826 using sql. Is this possible?

Click image for larger version

Name:	java_node.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	5006

Enable Route By Node option temporarily so that you can open that channel and move the topics. vB 5.3.1 introduced this option to allow access to nodes by node id instead of node title in the URL. Here's the documentation on this option:

Route by Node
    An option has been added to create URLs on your site by Node ID instead of relying on title text. This is primarily in place to allow foreign language sites to access URLS that are not currently accessible due to encoding issues. You can find this option in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. Set the Route Channels and Conversations by Node ID to Yes.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

• rnedelkow
      rnedelkow commented
      Editing a comment
      It worked perfectly!

• glennrocksvb
      glennrocksvb commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear.

Thanks Glenn, that sounds promising. I'm still running 5.2.5 so looks like I'll be upgrading this weekend.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"