First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link vbulletin to external website?

Hello,

I signed up from vbulletin.org!

I run a community and have decided to move over to vbulletin forum software but have a few questions.

Is it possible to link vbulletin to an external website, I plan to create a website but want like the following options displayed on the website if possible.

- Login/log out box
    - Show x latest posts
    - show latest blog
    - List of all members in a certain group?

I've had a look around on vbulletin.org and have seen some posts, quite a few are very old so not sure how much things have changed (+4 years old) is it quite easy to do this? any new tutorials/help files that someone could share?

Best regards,
    Vin

Welcome to the forum! I replied to your post in vb org. Here's my reply:

There's a blog on how to login to vB5 from an external site.

When designing your website and integrating vBulletin with the rest of your site, it's often desirable to have a centralized login form for users to initiate a vBulletin session. Here are some instructions

For your other requests, you would use the same technique used in the login code from the blog above. You would use the vB5 API to retrieve data from vB. It's relatively easy if you have programming skills especially PHP and if you know vB5 API. Otherwise, you would have to hire someone.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks for the reply, how much would it cost to implement the requests to my website?

Cheers

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        Let's discuss in PM.

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"