Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving categories unique ID's

Amazon Cyber Monday Deals
    in vBulletin 4 categories are separated unlike vBulletin 5 which makes it harder to design the layout of the categories with CSS, looking for help to modify the display_Forums_list template in order to give each category a unique ID.
    Example:

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; 05-20-2022, 08:21 AM.

It already has forum id.

Click image for larger version  Name:	forumid.png Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	24880

The challenge in customizing the style is the entire list uses a single <table> tag. It would have been easier if each category and its forum channels is in its own <table>. Or better yet, to not use <table> tag.

I have a pure CSS mod to separate the forum category list in its "own table". It's not perfect due to the challenge mentioned above but here it is:

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...oud-compatible
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Originally posted by glennrocksvb View Post
      It already has forum id.

Click image for larger version Name:	forumid.png Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	24880

The challenge in customizing the style is the entire list uses a single <table> tag. It would have been easier if each category and its forum channels is in its own <table>. Or better yet, to not use <table> tag.

I have a pure CSS mod to separate the forum category list in its "own table". It's not perfect due to the challenge mentioned above but here it is:

https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...oud-compatible
      Thanks, I'm currently using your modification which works very well but not quite what I'm looking to implement here, as you can see in the screenshot the red mark is what you reffered to in your screenshot but I want the category to be selected as a whole just like the green mark, which includes the whole category under ID 163. I guess it does have to do with the table tags which make it very difficult to change the layout, I guess what I'm looking for is basically changing the whole structure of the template which sucks.. vBulletin 4 already had it implemented by default but they changed it in vB 5
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2022_05_20_17_16_01_Window1.png Views:	0 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	24882

Comment

Amazon Cyber Monday Deals
        This will require substantial changes to the display_Forums_list template. Changing the HTML structure will depend on how your intended style would look like.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X