Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with slider modules

Hi.

Is there anyone has same issue as me. The slider module doesn't show pictures to guests. I've checked all channel permissions and all looks ok. Any idea or advice how I can fix this issue? Thanks.

The way the content slider works is that it will show the first attached image. That is, you must use the Click image for larger version  Name:	button.PNG Views:	0 Size:	971 Bytes ID:	21193 button at the top right and then click the "Upload Attachments" button at the bottom left. The slider will pick up the first image so attached and use it in the content slider. What I have done on posts that I really don't want to have the image show up in the post itself, is to attach the image, then inside the editor area, double click the image and change it to a custom size of 1 X 1. You can't see it in the post, but that is what the content slider will show. If you look at the bottom of my forum you can see this in action. If you click on the slider, you'll notice that the image on the slider is not necessarily anywhere in the post itself (it's hidden).

Currently I'm using the slider to showcase my YouTube Videos, but even if I want to highlight a users post, I'll edit their first post and make sure that there's a nice first image for the slider. This gets tricky, be careful that you don't squirrel up all their images.

Finally, you have to make sure that you "Feature" the post. I'm sure you know that but I'm just putting that out there for newer users.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
      The way the content slider works is that it will show the first attached image. That is, you must use the Click image for larger version Name:	button.PNG Views:	0 Size:	971 Bytes ID:	21193 button at the top right and then click the "Upload Attachments" button at the bottom left. The slider will pick up the first image so attached and use it in the content slider. What I have done on posts that I really don't want to have the image show up in the post itself, is to attach the image, then inside the editor area, double click the image and change it to a custom size of 1 X 1. You can't see it in the post, but that is what the content slider will show. If you look at the bottom of my forum you can see this in action. If you click on the slider, you'll notice that the image on the slider is not necessarily anywhere in the post itself (it's hidden).

Currently I'm using the slider to showcase my YouTube Videos, but even if I want to highlight a users post, I'll edit their first post and make sure that there's a nice first image for the slider. This gets tricky, be careful that you don't squirrel up all their images.

Finally, you have to make sure that you "Feature" the post. I'm sure you know that but I'm just putting that out there for newer users.
      The problem is, the module doesn't show any images for guests. Only if it's logged in. So i don't know how to fix this issue. I've checked also channels permission too for guest and everything there is ok. But the module still not showing the images for guests. Any idea?

Comment

In the module configuration for the content slider do you have it set to all usergroups?

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
          In the module configuration for the content slider do you have it set to all usergroups?
          Yes it is. Still same issue ....

Comment

Can you give us a link and let us look at it?

Comment

The OP has only one post featured and on that post has a gallery of photos. I"m trying to explain that the slider is not going to go through and show those photos. Also. I don't think that any image is attached to the post.

Comment

The OP has only one post featured and on that post has a gallery of photos. I"m trying to explain that the slider is not going to go through and show those photos. Also. I don't think that any image is attached to the post.
                It does, then why the slider show the picture to registered users and not to guests? That's a bit of nonsense

Comment

Now I know what you mean, I've made a test. I should attach the image. And does show for guests. But still confuses me, why doesn't show the other ones from Gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by faustvasea View Post

Now I know what you mean, I've made a test. I should attach the image. And does show for guests. But still confuses me, why doesn't show the other ones from Gallery.
                    It is pretty strange. The makers of vbulletin never indicated that it would do that. I think you found an interesting glitch.

Comment

It is pretty strange. The makers of vbulletin never indicated that it would do that. I think you found an interesting glitch.
                      I already reported to vbulletin team, they said it's bug and they will have to look at it.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"