Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter a password when posting ?

Hey guys,

So I am currently doing some beta testing of our site and I have noticed that I and others occasionally have to enter a password when submitting a post. We are all fully registered and the accounts are in good standing, but the password prompt comes up now and again. This is new to me and not something I have experienced with VB 3.8. Is this a setting I can switch off ?

I cannot imagine anything more annoying than being asked for your password to make a post. Note I am using VB 5.5.2

Thanks in advance !
    P

What do you have your "Session Timeout" set too in the Cookies and HTTP Header Options in the admincp?

I have extended mine as I had a similar issue.

Also, is the "Remember Me" check mark selected on said individuals experiencing the issue?

Comment

It was 7200, I have now made this 86400 (1 Day) to see if this helps. As for the ''Remember Me'' box, I forgot about that one and will give that a go, for some reason the newer VB version are really sensitive about that one. If you do not click remember me, it can be a real pain when logging in as sometimes it will not log you in at all until you hit ''Remember me'' this site does that as well.

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
      X
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"