X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled pruning / optimizing attachments to save disk space

What are the best methods and practices to conduct regular , preferably automated and scheduled POSTS ATTACHMENTS PRUNING and or OPTIMIZATION.
    Lets say a scheduled task that does either of or all of the following:
    1. Deleting all post attachments after a certain period of time.
    2. Optimizing by merging those attachments of duplicate file names, lets say saving those types only once – in the profile of the user that 1st posted them- then their other occurrences would be just linking to the 1st instance of that attachment.
    3. Moving older attachments –lets say every six months – to a given directory then applying some sort of compression.

I find attachment pruning and optimization a core forum runners concern and I hope Glenn would consider marking this topic as a sticky , or starting a similar one as a sticky and posting the link here , so to build up a compilation of useful practices and techniques that fully utilizes the robust technologies in vBulletin 5, some which may not yet been discovered by many forum administrators.

Also mod suggestions paid or free would be greatly appreciated

Moved topic to a more appropriate forum channel.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

• Kubes
      Reply to New here
      by Kubes
      Welcome i am learning too. What version you running? I just upgraded to 6.0.3
      Yesterday, 04:45 PM
    • nekro711
      New here
      by nekro711
      Hello guys,

Im new in this vbulletin thing and while i googled for some info i found this forum.
      Yesterday, 04:12 PM
    • MikeSD
      Hi, I'm starting over
      by MikeSD
      My web host went out of business after nearly 20 years. I had to do backups of all my Forums to a new site. That's when I started having problems....
      Yesterday, 03:57 AM
    Working...
    X
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"