X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Show all" button direct to channel?

In several places on our forum we have created a search module that is restricted to one single channel (forum). The "Show all" button directs to another search which the same parameters by default. Would it be possible to have this button directed to a specified channel instead?

Isn't the Show All button doing that already? If the Search module is configured to show posts in a specific channel, then the Show All should do the same by default.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I realize I didn't explain myself very clearly . What I meant is to have the button direct to a channel node. At our front page for example, we show a search module that displays the 5 most recent entries from our market place. I would like the "Show all" button under that search result to direct to the market place forum channel instead of to another search. So the button should direct to a specific forum url.

Comment

This doesn't have a straightforward solution as it requires editing the Search module template. In general, editing existing vB templates is not recommended as this my result in template merge conflicts whenever you upgrade. This depends on how badly you need this.Let me know if you want to proceed.

Either way, I recommend you to open an enhancement request to vBulletin to add this as a Search module option.

Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Well, we don't need it badly, but I believe it does increase user experience since the expected behavior for most of my users would be to have it direct to just a forumpage. I will get in touch with VB first. Thanks for your help again Glenn!

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"