X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

css additional to show all subforums on activity stream at home page level

Hello all , since the option to set forum depth in vbulletin 4 was removed from vbulletin 5 , what's a straight forward css additional code to make activity stream module "at the home page level" to display all subforums and their latest posts "let's say latest 3 posts " , like somehow "diplay all " + latest 3 posts on each subforum

let us assume that all forums and their subforums are categories except the most child subforum of each forum, that way at the last of each forum tree we will also be able to see the latest posts "let's say latest 3 posts " of that last "most child subforum" of each forum category

cz as it is now , at the home page level , activity stream module would display only maximum of 3 levels more or less and not unless you have maximum 3 levels of subforums under that forum you would no longer see the latest posts of that forum on the home page.

any idea how to remove that limit? , this would be the equivalent of setting forum depth to "0" in vbulletin 4

any thoughts would help

tnx

This cannot be done by using custom CSS in css_additional.css template. CSS can only hide or show content that is already generated in the HTML source of the page. I don't know how to implement this yet but this will require editing non-CSS templates and possibly PHP files.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

You're right ,if i inspect the home page i cant see any reference to the php variables of the deeper subforums.

Activity stream module is the most drawback in vB5 by the way, the thing is i donno why vbulletin rolled back the FORUM DEPTH option from vB4, it was jus there for God sakes.

The challenge in our forum is that users tend to prefer to post on channels that are visible in home page, while almost totally ignoring deeper channels.

Any thoughts on how to make the deeper sub-forums visible on home page ?

Thanks Glenn

Comment

Of course you will not see server-side code such as PHP in the client-side which contains the generated HTML source. Otherwise, it would be a security issue seeing the business logic in the page source. Imagine if you could see the logic behind Google's algorithm in generating the search results.

Anyway, I recommend you to open a feature request in the vB tracker system in order for them to officially implement it.

Meanwhile while waiting for official fix from vB, is this what you're looking for?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	43.8 KB ID:	14754

This requires a minor template edit to specify the depth (the above has depth of 6), a new template to display the multiple level deep subforums recursively and a little bit of custom CSS to style and indent them.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
        X
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"