Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing 4.2.3 error. Status: aborted. Action required. Unexpected text.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing 4.2.3 error. Status: aborted. Action required. Unexpected text.

As soon as I begin installing VBulletin 4.2.3 I receive this error.

It also says Unexpected text, and Action required.

I'm doing a clean install, and I have never installed VB before. I'm completely new to this.

Showing details gives me this:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Database has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_core.php on line 83

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Datastore has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_core.php on line 1479

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Input_Cleaner has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_core.php on line 1820

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Registry has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_core.php on line 3139

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Session has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_core.php on line 3541

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_XML_Parser has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_xml.php on line 52

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_XML_Builder has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_xml.php on line 689

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\init.php on line 119

Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vBulletinHook has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_hook.php on line 27

Warning: Use of undefined constant VB_FRAMEWORK - assumed 'VB_FRAMEWORK' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\functions.php on line 8110

Warning: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade.php on line 1267

Warning: Use of undefined constant file - assumed 'file' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade.php on line 1267

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade.php on line 419

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; vB_Database_Alter has a deprecated constructor in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\includes\class_dbalter.p hp on line 35

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade.php on line 419

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade.php:419) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade_ajax.php on line 684

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade.php:419) in C:\xampp\htdocs\vBulletin\install\includes\class_u pgrade_ajax.php on line 685

There is more to the error, but it exceeds character limit. Sorry.

Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

What is the PHP version?

vB 4.2.3 requires PHP 5.4.0+ but not PHP 7+. Only vB 4.2.5 supports PHP 7.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I'm using PHP 7.2.11 with xampp 3.2.2.

Is there a way I can switch it to use an older version of PHP?

Comment

So you're running a development environment of your forum on your local computer using XAMPP. You need to install the lower version. There's PHP 5.6.38 version available at https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
        Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thank you so much for the help. That worked perfectly. Vbulletin is running perfectly with Xampp on my computer now!

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
          X
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"