X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.4.4 Styles Issue

Disclaimer: Complete noob with coding, etc. so bare with me.

I am having a lot of trouble with styles.

1.) Is there a way to re-save a style template? My current workflow is to save a style template, refresh my forum on another page to see the coloring. If i don't like the coloring, then I have to go make minor edits and save an entirely new template. I quickly approach 100 templates this way

2.) In the color style section, is there a way to see the color pallete for a specific style. Lets say i edited style 1 a week ago, and now want to edit it again...it seems like the color palette defaults to a subset of colors that I am not using. Is there a way for me to see the color palette for "style 1?"

3.) Under style manager when i choose edit template and then click go, nothing happens. Is there something i need to enable on my end for this?

I feel like my install must have gone wrong or something because i have zero functionality with my ability to edit my styles, whether it be through the site builder(css code not showing up), or through adminCP where the GO button doesn't seem to be working.

I have javascript enabled as was suggested in the VB forum, but I'm not finding much help over there. All help is appreciated. Thanks

Attached Files

1. Why are you saving a new template? You should just save the current template.
    2. I don't use the Color Style tab so I'm not familiar with it. I customize my styles using stylevars or directly usig custom CSS.
    3. In your second screenshot, you're showing a blank css_additional.css template for Blue Green style. But in the first screenshot, the selected styles are Gradient and Grey Stripes. Did you add custom CSS in Blue Green style before and now it's showing blank? By default, cs_additional template in vB5 default styles is empty until you add your own CSS there.

For the Go button not working in AdminCP, there might be a Javascript error on the page. It should actually navigate to the corresponding page after you change selection in the dropdown without clicking the Go button. Check the Javascript error in the console. Open the console by pressing F12 then click Console.
    Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
    Buy me a coffeePayPal QR Code
    Fast VPS Host for vBulletin:
    A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Thanks for the quick response glenn. I've attached a picture of the console error. Regarding CSS, glad to know. This shows how little i know, but i assumed it contained the style code within it. I have no custom code currently so I can see why nothing is there. Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

The vbulletin_templatemgr.js file is missing in the /core/clientscript folder. Upload that file from the vB5 package.

Did you upload all the vB5 files when you install/upgrade? There might be other files that are missing.
        Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
        A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

I did what i believed was a full install. At this point perhaps it would be better to completely re-install?

Comment

You don't have to. Just fix the missing JS file. And when you encounter similar 404 Not Found problems in the future then fix them as you encounter them.
            Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
            A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	93
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	13347

The file seems to be there. I'll look further into it tonight, but a bit puzzled

Comment

Is your site under /betverse directory?
                Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Yep it seems that is the issue. The site was placed one directory up.

Comment

Looks to be all squared away. Coffee coming your way sir.

Comment

thank u GIF by Mauro Gatti
                      Helpful? Donate. Thanks!
                      A2 Hosting & IONOS

Comment

Users Viewing This Page

Collapse

There is 1 user viewing this forum topic.

• Guest Guest

Latest Posts

Collapse

Working...
                      X
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"